Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Ford Touch Navigation

ssbib

Quick question about the navigation on the touch. Whenever I have it on the "next then" display on the dashboard and at the top of the touch screen is often wrong. For example if I need to go straight on at a roundabout it says I need to go left. When I approach the turning and the screen splits to the top down view showing the roundabout the route is correct and it displays straight on. Anyone else have this? 

If yours is 2014, it must be a very early MK3.5.

Did you have the SD card recall?

I have heard of this before although haven't experienced it myself (don't use nav that often).

Might be worth taking it back to the dealer and getting them to do all the latest updates for cluster and Sync, etc.

• Like 1

It is a 2014 model. I have only had it a few weeks so not sure about the SD card recall or anything like that. I might take it in and see what they say. Thanks. 

I should also say that it doesn't do this all the time. Maybe 50% of the time when the turn is a roundabout it will do this. Should I still take it in for an update?

Pop the SD card out. If its f3 your car hasn't had the recall.

There have been some sync updates since your car was built. You can either have a go yourself using my thread or get the dealer to do it.

If it's the cluster that needs the update then the dealer has to do it anyway.

I'll take a look at the SD card tomorrow and check it out. I will call the dealer tomorrow and make an appointment for in a few weeks time. That will give me a chance to see if there is anything else wrong and I can get them to look at everything in one go. I've been having an issue with my music on USB re-indexing every couple of days. It takes about 10 minutes and an be really annoying. I did a master reset a few days ago which seems to have cleared this problem but will give it 2 weeks to be sure. What is weird is that since the master reset I am getting voice feedback more. For example, before if I said "play track...*example*" the song would just play. Now I get feedback saying "playing song *example*" and this gives me hope that this indexing issue is resolved. Also, I get the command list on screen every time I press he voice button. Before it would pop up rarely. 

Edit: just checked the SD card. It's an F4. Problem with sync maybe?

The F5 SD card is available now.

Have you done the radio software update yet?

Before I updated I kept getting the indexing message every 2-3 days, since updating the software this has stopped.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Not done any update myself. I bought the car on 1st April and just been getting to grips with it really. Can I do that update or does he dealer have to do it?

Thanks but I don't think I trust myself to do that. Is there anyway I can check what version I already have to make sure the update is required and then ask the dealer?

Just go in to settings and look for system information.

If you are having the reindexing issue it definitely needs doing though.

• Like 1

I will see how I get on over the next few days. Since I did a master reset it hasn't done it. I've made an appointment to speak with the dealer in 2 weeks. Will give me a chance to weed out any other problems but will ask him to update the system and sort the navigation issue out. 

After re-reading the description of the update I've decided to give it a go myself. It's uploading now. Will report back in a few days and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the help. 

• Like 2

Before he update my USB would index every time I turned the engine on. 9/10 it would only take 5 seconds snd it wouldn't have to re-build commands. After the update I thought this would stop too but it hasn't. Is this usual behaviour? Thanks. 

After the update mine had to re-index the USB, but it has only done it again after adding content to the USB, it never re-indexes with no reason now.

Not even for 2-3 seconds after turning the engine on? Mine quickly says "indexing device" then "v.commands available" sometimes so quick you don't see it but other times it takes 3-5 seconds. 

Not that I've noticed, although it does access the USB every time as I've seen the led on my stick flash, even when I'm listening to the radio.

My USB doesn't have an LED or anything. I'm hoping that you haven't noticed and that mine is still functioning properly. Only time will tell unfortunately. Did you ever noticed the "quick index" before the update?

Just re-indexed and built voice commands again. But just earlier I was messing in the centre console and did touch the USB. It automatically reindexes if you remove and replace doesn't it? I hope it's not starting again. Why would it do this? Arrgh!

Mine does re-index if the USB is removed and re-insterted as it is checking for new media.

It doesn't take as long as a full index after a reset or new USB though.

How long does it take for you roughly? Does it have to rebuild commands when you do it that way? I have just had to rebuild again but I was messing about and disconnected it from the console. I've done a master reset and sorting it out all again to be on the safe side. If this continues is there anything else I can do to fix it? Can the dealer do anything?

It depends how many tracks I add, usually only 30s to index. a Few mins to build voice commands.

Thanks. Hopefully mine is working again now. I hope so as this indexing nonsense is annoying. I have a lot of songs on my USB. Maybe that is why it's more noticeable. How many do you have on yours?

I've got nearly 7000. Maybe that's why it is noticeably longer when first start up (5seconds) and when taken out/put back (5minutes). Will have to see how I get on and report to the dealership if it continues. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club