Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST3 MPG?

mrjaffa

Hey guys. Looking to get an ST3. 

Ive seen the advertised MPG, but I don't get anything like the advertised MPG for my current Zetec. So was just wondering what actual MPG ST3 owners are getting. 

I am mostly driving to work and back in urban areas, hence my low MPG now. 

Cheers guys. 

Ah yeah. Sorry. Fiesta. Looking to get a 2013/14 plate. 

I get 350-400 miles to a tank. 48 litre tank.

The trip computer is quite a liar. So anywhere between 33-40mpg depending on route and roads etc

I don't have one but in those conditions most average about mid 30s with a steady right foot and down to low 30s with a heavy foot (not sure there is such a thing as a light foot in an ST) 

• Like 1

Wow. As low as that!? Yikes. Although I only get 40 in my Zetec. So expected I guess. 

Drive it carefully or on the motorway and I'm sure u can get 40+ but driving a performance car like that defeats the whole point 

• Like 1

Trip computer currently shows 35mpg using Tesco99 fuel which is pretty much bang on what Ford publishes for Urban fuel consumption. Happy with that as I don't do much long distance driving and have a slightly heavy right foot :smile:

I averaged 47mpg on a 70 mile motorway commute with cruise set to just over 70.

You can drive them economically, but then why buy an ST if you're so worried about fuel. They get roughly 350 miles to a tank (48 litres of fuel). I only got 44mpg from my diesel 1.6 ZS so to get 37 on a normal hoon from the ST I can't complain.

• Like 1

Thanks for this guys. 

I guess I'm not so bothered about the performance. They just look lovely. I don't want the Zetec S as the inside is of course far better in the ST. Have considered the Titanium X. 

I've seen a couple a lovely ST3's within my budget that are Cat D. Big risk I guess. So not really decided on those yet. 

1 hour ago, mrjaffa said:

Thanks for this guys. 

I guess I'm not so bothered about the performance. They just look lovely. I don't want the Zetec S as the inside is of course far better in the ST. Have considered the Titanium X. 

I've seen a couple a lovely ST3's within my budget that are Cat D. Big risk I guess. So not really decided on those yet. 

You say the ST is FAR better inside than the ZS, but apart from the seats & in most cases the Sony stereo, they are pretty much identical 

Don't touch a cat d ST with the proverbial barge pole its not the sort of car you want to take that sort of a risk on

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 666Damian666 said:

You say the ST is FAR better inside than the ZS, but apart from the seats & in most cases the Sony stereo, they are pretty much identical 

I'd say the seats are a BIG part of the interior though. The DAB radio is quite important for me too. 

50 minutes ago, mrjaffa said:

I'd say the seats are a BIG part of the interior though. The DAB radio is quite important for me too. 

Agreed the ST seats are lovely but I have DAB in my ZS 

1 hour ago, 666Damian666 said:

Agreed the ST seats are lovely but I have DAB in my ZS 

How so?

is each model customisable? Will there be other ZS's with DABs? Or did you do it yourself. 

Currently averaging 37.5mpg after 13,500+ miles. That's with a few mountune upgrades added too. MP215 kit, Intercooler, exhaust, etc... In stock form, I imagine it would do more, depending on driving style of course. I do a mixture of country lane driving, town driving and motorways. It goes up significantly if you do a lot of motorway driving. I'm no slouch either, so I'm happy with that mpg.  I also use the Tesco99 Premium Unleadead. My ST is actually more efficient than my old 1.8i mx-5, a hell of a lot faster too;)

I used to average about 30 in mine. Was completely standard but I did constantly have my foot to the floor lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, mrjaffa said:

How so?

is each model customisable? Will there be other ZS's with DABs? Or did you do it yourself. 

It's an optional extra 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrjaffa said:

I had a Titanium X with satnav as a courtesy car. They come with the same set up as the ST. Biggest difference is the speedo dials are red rather than blue and the steering wheel is different along with the seats. Otherwise it's essentially the same. Until you look at the uprated brakes, suspension set ups etc.

• Like 1

If you're that worried about mpg maybe the st is not for you it's not a car you buy for fuel efficiency after all

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

You certainly don't buy any ST for fuel economy. 😎

On my Focus ST if I changed gear whenever prompted I'd never go over 3000rpm.🤔

Sent from my SM-G930F

I'm only averaging 39 on my red edition lol

I had a daily commute of ~18 miles each way on A roads with 30/40/50/60mph sections. Sticking (within reason) to the limits I got the figures below (keeping logs on FuelLog and Fuelly):

100bhp Zetec Ecoboost: ~55mpg and ~450 miles from a full tank (42L) - filling up at the warning 50 miles marker.

182bhp ST3: ~40mpg and ~400 miles from a full tank (48L) - filling up at the warning 50 miles marker.

I now have a 1.5L Diesel Fiesta work van (tracked :sad:) so my foot has been slightly heavier in the ST3 when I've taken it out for a drive :yahoo:

• Like 1