Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sam's fiesta mk6.5 st

Sam_1688

My exhaust that was due in at the end of this month has been delayed by 2 weeks so mid June before I can get it fitted.

I have found a rolling road that is going to put a custom rolling road remap on the car that should get the best from the mods so far but I need the cat back before I can book it in.

Today I did a few things, first of all I thought the bolts that came with the mountune kit were a little boring so I got some button head bolts to replace the seen ones

8167470a51180a161ca9aa10ce91ecfb.jpg

I then decided I would powder coat them yellow at my work.

b332290a2496041ecf6be971bc51592e.jpg

And fitted looking much better

15c65b4e636a91c9efab3a159fa5230e.jpg

I then finally got round to fitted my Eibach springs!

73d88084dd59ff7b69906a09fb0c48d6.jpg

Rears

8891b800aeedc9ddbf3ecd267244c169.jpg

Front stripped out

3f12b59014204a9fffa644424464d16e.jpg

Front

cdf77a080b38c7505d0e728ca14005a7.jpg

Also removed the bit that holds part of the standard airbox in place that is no longer needed so out it came.

8c81b545f44757e096711e736448a68a.jpg

And little lower

bc1f62997053bff0ba18dabc4662340c.jpg

I will get better picture once they have settled in.

Now time to give it a wash..

Sent by typing with one fat finger on my mobile device

• Like 1

Well quick was but didn't get pictures as it wasn't very interesting..

0875fa9f3330afb99d8ce83475d5380e.jpg

a29609f7532783630024ca86ebab2e2c.jpg

1f3f42512bf2ea77c24a676eb611046a.jpg

Now you can see how much lover she sits.

5f10c6c6b401a6e5f97c36a0d4a2ee1f.jpg

b36a1bd03cdd16c0dfda2d2e77a219e8.jpg

Hopefully once the springs settle it will go a little lower but overall I'm pleased with the Eibach springs just need to see how they are on the road.

• Like 1

Looks great! Yeah, it settles a bit later on, but that won't be that much visible as it was from stock to Eibach...overall, the car looks amazing...I love the sleeper-ish looks of the Fiesta ST...and very clean lines, inside out...keep up the great work! ;)

Got a nice wee parcel from the other half for my birthday tomorrow but being impatient I got it today!

7ca660be775f6273db07c80eb8022875.jpg

I got a set of mats including the boot mat and a set of ht leads :D

96f04280d4023c3079f9ecb4f3f3ed5d.jpg

Ht leads fitted :D

b28cc5d56bda7b12335017c651405a62.jpg

A quick picture of the mats all fitted :)

b08fd5d19fe974b158213668d3fb2db4.jpg

5b61e1c369658643cacb7704a5b773cb.jpg

befd15bea347fbd5c58a610113bfb439.jpg

I have just ordered 2 sets of focal 570ac 5x7s and some sound deadning since vibe haven't got back to me about my faulty subwoofer!

2257ff1bc3f369207bc7d3c93da88838.jpg

• Like 1

You won't regret the Focals mate, all their products are top notch!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

Got a call saying to head into Halfords and pick up my replacement subwoofer which i did straight after work, they didn't say what was wrong with the old one apart from vibe stated it was faulty!

5516751d93e7c350459521477fbaa1e3.jpg

I also picked up my focals which were delivered to argos for collection..

88def65b146da9ce201f15701f0163ab.jpg

Also ordered the xtrons head unit today so that should be here tomorrow.. got the one that's running on android 5.1

Going to be a busy weekend :D

• Like 1

Quick peak at the Speakers

35cefb574171defbbd364f791f5e96b6.jpg

I also picked up 4 speaker adaptors to save cutting the standard plugs of the cars loom.

Can't wait to get it all fitted :D

• Like 1

Well the headunit from xtrons has arrived after weeks of wondering whether it's worth it or not!!

6390b0886ad6f2bc1e6fc9f43f3375a2.jpg

50d474958d460c7b96d0a3e09292b77c.jpg

464860ece980d06be95bc3903a50f9bf.jpg

Had a spare 20 minutes so attempted to fit it in the car!

18de4e14c6e3c3d5e7ef670f1be4bf67.jpg

Few problems I will need to go back to tomorrow when I fit the Speakers and subwoofer, when I turn the key to position 1 the unit turns on and turns off 5 seconds later! It's not seated all the way into the dash, maybe some cables in the road.. and I need to set the whole thing up once I have it connected to wifi.

b7c7f532bd9bd551523a9ec2080c9f1c.jpg

There is a slight colour difference between the silver on my dash and the silver on the head unit but it still looks better than the Sony.

I have also been told my sound deadning has arrived so that should be everything ready for fitting tomorrow!

• Like 1

Picked up my sound deadning earlier

07f42bafa7b7bf838b644ab6ac92b47d.jpg

Can't wait to get it all installed

Thumbs up for the head unit! I fitted a similar one to my moms' Fiesta a year ago, even found a rear camera that fits to the license plate light socket, so it looks very "integrated". Also adds some "luxury" to the car and usability is much higher with integrated GPS, DVD, USB, etc...

As for the fitting process, I also experienced some issues with the wiring behind the stereo, it's just so little space back there (compared to my Focus), I reaaally had to make sure that I'm plugging in only the necessary wires for the needed functionality, so I won't end up with a giant mess of wires behind the HU. But luckily I somehow fitted it all behind it and it all works well. 

Just out of curiosity, I see that your stereo has a CAN-BUS box. When you play MP3s, or even radio, do you see some info on the intrument cluster? The Sony OEM should have been displaying track/radio info there...

I see that your stereo has a CAN-BUS box. When you play MP3s, or even radio, do you see some info on the intrument cluster? The Sony OEM should have been displaying track/radio info there...

Looks like the stalk control box to me. I had to buy a similar box to integrate my pioneer unit into the stalk controls :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheels93 said:

Looks like the stalk control box to me. I had to buy a similar box to integrate my pioneer unit into the stalk controls :)

Also controls the stalk controls, yes. But mainly, this thing is used to communicate with car's CAN-BUS network, so it knows things like when you put in reverse gear then it shows a rear camera signal on your screen, etc....and, also, when your instrument cluster supports it, you should be able to see some information from the stereo up there as well. 

This is of course much bigger issue with Mondeo/S-Max and any other Fords that have the Converse system. Depending on quality of the head unit and it's CAN-BUS settings, you can either see (almost) everything from the stereo in your Converse display, or basically you can't even select the options on the Converse to select between radio, AUX, etc...

The CANBUS Box works everything apart from the heads up display. My parking sensors work a treat through it and really fancy the rear view camera but spent a little too much this month already so maybe next month.

The only 2 problems I have is that the clips for locking it into the dash were too far forward and wouldn't actually clip in.. I ended up taking the brackets off and enlarging the holes to move them slightly back and got it clipped in eventually!

Also still having my issues with ignition position 1 where it turns on then off 5 seconds later.. I have contacted the company but still awaiting on a reply!

All fitted

ea714c749de91356fd3717d33f579381.jpg

e28d7b9425e7429e3566acdc8a9e5228.jpg.

I have installed the replacement subwoofer under the drivers seat and this one actually works!

0f1de967d7a77b82a34a364611e9703c.jpg

With the seat in my driving position you can even see it so very hidden..

c562c52198810782a8c667a6bf159c44.jpg

I have also fitted the focals

352b97b7f6401722ef3d654805e6bedf.jpg

5db3547fc514ae2794385b616a860702.jpg

I didn't get a picture of the rest but all 4 are fitted but will need to bed them in before I can really notice how much of a difference there is.

My partner also bought a lego box to cover my battery as she seen it on Facebook..

A little bit of cutting later and it's fitted..

df82ce52aa45778676229026850bb7c7.jpg

Not sure if I like it but it will do just now.

I have it booked in a show just to make up numbers for a local club tomorrow so got to get it all cleaned ready..

Looks very nice and I love the LEGO cover! :D 

The key in position 1 issue. This is because of poorly set up CANBUS box setting. Try to go into factory settings and find a parameter that sets the type of vehicle the stereo is in. You should be able to choose between Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo maybe too. Change it to Fiesta of course and reset the stereo. It may loose the radio presets, but if it would help the issue with key, that's the last thing to worry about. 

Now, if it helps, then yay, good job!...but if it doesn't, you have to dig deeper. You could try to run the stereo without the CANBUS box. Now, this could be as simple as unplugging the box from the main wiring, or you could end up with connecting some wires along the way to make the stereo even start when you start the car. Look for the red wire (labelled ACC+). You should have two options in wiring this wire and it should also split into two somewhere between the FAKRA connector and the stereo (or CANBUS box). Either you use the one that routes through the CANBUS box, or the one that goes straight from FAKRA to stereo main power connector. Never use both, it may cause some issues and also it may drain your battery. Now you probably have it all connected through the CANBUS box, so you need to try the other way around. 

It should work after this, basically the same as the OEM stereo, except you will also need to wire up some more wires, such as the reverse gear signal and even the stalk controls. But that should be relatively easy. 

If you post a clear picture of the main harness I could be able to give you better advice on what to connect and what not. 

But, if you get another reply from the factory/seller, please share it, I came up with this solution because I have the same problem with my stereo, but the seller wasn't very helpful, so I had to figure it out all by myself. But maybe you'll be luckier and get a proper explanation and solution to fix this issue.

• Like 1

love what you have done so far and I also like the lego box cover

I'm not usually interested in cosmetic mods under the bonnet but that Lego cover is very cool!

Looks very nice and I love the LEGO cover! :D 

The key in position 1 issue. This is because of poorly set up CANBUS box setting. Try to go into factory settings and find a parameter that sets the type of vehicle the stereo is in. You should be able to choose between Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo maybe too. Change it to Fiesta of course and reset the stereo. It may loose the radio presets, but if it would help the issue with key, that's the last thing to worry about. 

Now, if it helps, then yay, good job!...but if it doesn't, you have to dig deeper. You could try to run the stereo without the CANBUS box. Now, this could be as simple as unplugging the box from the main wiring, or you could end up with connecting some wires along the way to make the stereo even start when you start the car. Look for the red wire (labelled ACC+). You should have two options in wiring this wire and it should also split into two somewhere between the FAKRA connector and the stereo (or CANBUS box). Either you use the one that routes through the CANBUS box, or the one that goes straight from FAKRA to stereo main power connector. Never use both, it may cause some issues and also it may drain your battery. Now you probably have it all connected through the CANBUS box, so you need to try the other way around. 

It should work after this, basically the same as the OEM stereo, except you will also need to wire up some more wires, such as the reverse gear signal and even the stalk controls. But that should be relatively easy. 

If you post a clear picture of the main harness I could be able to give you better advice on what to connect and what not. 

But, if you get another reply from the factory/seller, please share it, I came up with this solution because I have the same problem with my stereo, but the seller wasn't very helpful, so I had to figure it out all by myself. But maybe you'll be luckier and get a proper explanation and solution to fix this issue.

Thanks you very much, I will have a look into this tomorrow and get back to you. I have also noticed tonight that the back lit keys are not illuminating at all and my headlight turning on or off makes no difference to the brightness of the screen.

I still haven't had a reply from the seller yet but I have sent the manufacturers on face book a message so we will soon see

The illumination is part of this as well, though it can be fixed much easily, just by joining the correct two wires together (pin 13 on the FAKRA if I remember correctly with the one that's marked "ILL" or something like that on the stereo wires). 

If you have a chance to look at it again, take a pic of the stereo wiring, with all the wire tags visible, if you won't get any help from the manufacturer, it would be easier to identify the correct connection then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update time,

Since I got the car I noticed erratic idling when the accelerator what slightly pushed so I attempted to use carb cleaner to clean the throttle body but has since got alot worse so has been parked in my garage and ordered a larger 60mm throttle body that should hopefully come tomorrow to solve that issue.

I haven't had a chance to look at the xtrons unit but I did get a reply basically saying they are happy for me to return the unit but I don't want to do that so they have given me a link to xtrons forum but will pull it all out later and see whats what.

On a plus not after 8 weeks of waiting patiently my mountune cat back is in stock so will be with me early next week :D

When putting my car in the garage I noticed I had a headlight bulbs out so decided to get some better bulbs and replace the interior ones to led

57f1f78a1c2773ba2afe7aadba93f21d.jpg

Also got a genuine ford exhaust gasket

e5b88db9fae0207efa3513705635c912.jpg

Well today was a last minute decision to have my windows tinted due to a last minute cancellation so off to airshire to have it done and it's a little darker than I hoped as I'm not a fan of dark tints but it may grow on me

3326e8598ddbd2de75d359a4667b8ddb.jpg

4d2de2666fc2993a6a4e15eb3d93e9a5.jpg

I also had my 60mm throttle body delivered

17b4b61ffb2e6675f02d1dcd620405c9.jpg

Hopefully this will sort my erratic throttle

Since I had the car out the garage I thought I would have a go at the headunit again, I swapped over the acc and ill cables to miss avoid going through the canbus box

f49f9ba405a567951699998a2ef8ba51.jpg

And it now it turns on with the key in position 1 like it should and my illumination is working when I turn my lights on.

d7ab2b1abbd147c13976fdbef992328b.jpg

But I now don't have the use of my steering controls

Here is the wiring label on top of the unit

710093d790b0ab6103d41d2c3d7f7eb0.jpg

I also need to get paint to match the head unit to spray my dash as I did mark it a little fitting the unit. Anyone know the best place to get the best match?

• Like 1

To make steering wheel controls work, try to keep the CAN-BUS box connected to the harness, but keep the ACC unplugged as you have it now. If this uses the same wiring as my friends' one, it should work for you then...otherwise you will need to connect the steering wheel control wires manually, but that shouldn't be necessary (I hope).

• Like 1

To make steering wheel controls work, try to keep the CAN-BUS box connected to the harness, but keep the ACC unplugged as you have it now. If this uses the same wiring as my friends' one, it should work for you then...otherwise you will need to connect the steering wheel control wires manually, but that shouldn't be necessary (I hope).

Spot on, thanks for your help all is working now and I'm actually starting to really like it.

My exhaust is in the post and will be here tomorrow :D

• Like 1

The wait is finally over, Exhaust was delivered this afternoon and looks great!

8114d3bc0eb726ee846c856c4b0b5974.jpg

1aff6ede5b021a5b99b499ba61d576d0.jpg

Now to get the rolling road booked then get this all fitted and see what we get :D

• Like 2

Well I pulled out all the exhaust parts to have fitted this weekend because I have my mapping session booked for Saturday 2nd July at 12 noon :D

7b8b63de6285fb435dd2846982f54b4e.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club