Do Not Sell My Personal Information

goodbye

artscot79

well guys the time has come to say goodbye to the focus after a lot of test drives and looking weighing up my options im saying goodbye to ford altogether and moving to kia with a 14 plate pro ceed only 18k on the clock full spec with cruise control and lots of extras warranty till 2021 paint till 2020 audio warranty till 2019 a spec list that ford couldnt match for 9k ill still pop on now and again but for being a ford owner i am no longer

• Like 1

that's a shame mate but cars don't last forever, still, at least you can take comfort in that Kia and ford look pretty much identical on the design front, if you change the Kia badges no one will ever likely notice your not a ford owner any longer ;)

• Like 2

kia knock out some good looking cars these days.

good luck with your new motor  :-)

on a further note , i too have absolutely no brand loyalty when it comes to chosing a car and will happily consider peugeot , seat , saab and everything else inbetween that i think  suits my needs best at the time.

• Like 1

i was looking at a mk3 focus which was an approved ford car but 10 minutes into the test drive the engine management light came on and a few minutes later it spluttered to a halt if that wasnt bad enough they wouldnt even throw in free mats or even more than a tenners worth of fuel kia gave me a service free mot for the life of the car a full tank of petrol free front and rear mats and a full valet and polish and 3 services for only £99 a service. it actually feels very focus to drive to be honest and yes they do look similar in style as well

good bye arthur, and hope you enjoy the new car. :sad:

Most other car brands do better cars than Ford at the moment mainly because of the interior design and gadgets, neighbour bought a Citreon DS4 pretty basic spec and it looks a million times better than any Focus or Fiesta I've seen. 

• Like 1

Good luck with your new car pal, just remember all the good advice you've given to people over the years, this forum will be sorry to see you go, don't be a stranger.

Yes good luck pal your posts have always been informative thanks for helping us all out 👍

19 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Most other car brands do better cars than Ford at the moment mainly because of the interior design and gadgets, neighbour bought a Citreon DS4 pretty basic spec and it looks a million times better than any Focus or Fiesta I've seen. 

Interior design and gadgets is only a small part of the whole story. Had two Citroens in the family, never again - they spent more time in clueless & incompetently run Citroen dealerships trying to be 'fixed', than on the road. I would rather have a car with the most boring/bland interior design in the world, than one that keeps inexplicably and dangerously cutting out at roundabouts. 

Rant over.

We sold our Focus last year and to be honest, I'm in no rush to get another Ford.  They still are the best cars made, but they will always be there and for the time being I'm happy with our French and Korean models!! 

Do stick around here though, as you don't have to be a Ford owner to keep up with the conversations and offer advice.

45 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Interior design and gadgets is only a small part of the whole story. Had two Citroens in the family, never again - they spent more time in clueless & incompetently run Citroen dealerships trying to be 'fixed', than on the road. I would rather have a car with the most boring/bland interior design in the world, than one that keeps inexplicably and dangerously cutting out at roundabouts. 

Rant over.

Ford definitely have the best engines hands down

32 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

We sold our Focus last year and to be honest, I'm in no rush to get another Ford.  They still are the best cars made, but they will always be there and for the time being I'm happy with our French and Korean models!! 

Do stick around here though, as you don't have to be a Ford owner to keep up with the conversations and offer advice.

I am waiting for new model Fiesta and maybe Focus then I will see what they look like before going to another brand.

i was going pipe up about the citroen ds3, but i was beaten to it, shockingly poor reliabilty and finish, garages offer such poor trade on them as they dont want them on there forecourt.

• Like 2

Not what I've heard, the DS3 is a very big seller and the UK is its biggest market. It's a desirable car. Quality and reliability is pretty good too according to owners I've spoken too. (Of course you get some bad ones, but you get that with every brand)

Anyway, good luck with the Kia!

all the ones ive dealt with were shocking, and not even very old. the sill trims fell off on one when it went over a bump in the road and the car behind ran over them. lol

ill still be kicking around the Kia forums pretty empty lol as for the ds3 I had a test drive of one it looked nice though I not a fan of psa cars but within 30 secs it was a no the seats are not comfy no matter how much you fiddle and adjust its just not right .ford dealer did get in touch on saturday asking if I was still interested in the car ...really first ever car that's spluttered to s halt on a test drive lol

• Like 1

Good luck with your new car m8 and thanks for all your help and advice :wink:

• Like 1

I recently drove one of these (hire car) in the upper trim spec (diesel), pretty nice drive although I didn't find it as engaging when pushed into corners as a Focus 9not everyone wants a car to drive like they stole it!) :biggrin:  The interior surprised me as it was much nicer than I expected & externally certainly looks handsome (especially in white or metallic grey like yours).

I also recently drove an Optima & that car is a dog compared to a MK4 Mondy or even god forbid the latest Insignia.  It had a loud diesel engine with very little usable torque (think 80's tractor engine), handled anything other than racetrack smooth surfaces like it was on leaf springs & few bits of interior trim which were rather too "bendy" for my liking.  I can't get my head around how different the latest Cee'd was by comparison (I'd consider once as my next car when my MK2 Focus finally dies).

well I've driven the same twisty roads as the focus yes there is a slight lack of feel in the bends but it flies round the like the focus does traction control and vehicle stability management probably play a part in it and the 40mm lowering springs from the factory cabin is extremely quiet hands free voice recognition and bluetooth a doddle to work dash cluster tells you everything you need to know shift indicator does its Job underneath it has full coverings right down the chassis only the exhaust is exposed .to be honest I love driving it more so than the focus .

to replace the air filter its undo two clips lift the Lid and you're done pollen filter open glove box undo two turn screws and its in front of you in its case undo two clips again you're done boot is bigger than the focus

Traction control is for girls :lol: get yourself a fireblade lol

used to have a Honda cbr till a braisby roofing van decided to pull out on me 65mph with jeans on no gloves was thrown a good distance down the road and walked off with a scrape on each hand and bruises all over after hitting the back of the van and the road since I should've been dead I took it as a good omen never had s bike since