Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying a new ST...

Dan P

Hi there,

Mrs P and I were comparing our schedules this week and decided that our lives would be made easier if we got a second car so that she could have a "little run around".

As a result, she will get Eve, my Mk2 Focus, and I'll be getting a new ST!

I've been out for a test drive and had a quote from my local dealer.

I've decided that what I want is a Frozen White ST3 with a spare wheel and reverse sensors (which looks like it might need to be a factory build).

I've got the dealer down to £18k so far but think I can get him to £17.5k.

I've never bought a new car before. This seems a decent price to me... Can I expect to do better? Any advice for bartering them down further?

I will be getting the Mountune 215 upgrade too but not sure exactly when.

Dan

• Like 4

Check DriveTheDeal and CarWow. Get some quotes from there and see what your local dealer can do to match.

• Like 1

Check DriveTheDeal and CarWow. Get some quotes from there and see what your local dealer can do to match.

I'll check them out. Thanks.

• Like 2

I forgot to say that I bought my Zetec through DTD and it was New, unregistered as they advertised, so don't let your local try and scare you off by saying otherwise. I'm sure quite a few others have used DTD and/or CarWow here and have had good results. My ST3 wasn't through DTD but I used the same dealer I got my Zetec from who gave me a much better deal than all of my locals.

• Like 1

I got a quote on carwow out of curiosty. £16,618 financed is cheapest that came up. 

Screenshot_20160417-201700.png

• Like 4

£18k is pricey on drive the deal it's closer to £16k

• Like 2

If you're dead set on the car and 100% wanna buy go into the dealership with a few days left of the month and they'll likely chop as much as they can off to push through the deal and meet their sales targets for the month. Before my fiesta I had a 208 brand new, went it last week of February and got £1600 off and black paint free which was a £500 option. 

• Like 1

I'd rather get a second hand ST3 with just 2k on the clock for £12999 with finance (Dealer near me), I will never buy a brand new car because of the amount of value lost soon as you turn the engine on, some cars even with just 300 miles on the clock go for significantly less and are still brand new

• Like 6

I'd rather get a second hand ST3 with just 2k on the clock for £12999 with finance (Dealer near me), I will never buy a brand new car because of the amount of value lost soon as you turn the engine on, some cars even with just 300 miles on the clock go for significantly less and are still brand new

I totally understand this and agree that buying new is an expensive exercise.

I've decided that I want a new one as I intend to keep it for a long time (5 years absolute minimum) so am happy to pay the extra.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

A lot of people like knowing they're the only person to drive the car/ the new car smell etc. I have to say picking up a brand new car really is amazing but like you ID never buy new again, got the 208 worth £12,500 new, part ex'd it after 10 months and got £6000 for it! I now have £2000 negative equity on my current finance due to how much the new car lost. Buying a 1/2 year old car really does make so much more sense unless you have the cash to spend on new. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations, I have just placed an order through DriveTheDeal. Am getting the car on Ford finance for £16,300.

Bit of an update - I placed my order on Monday on the Drive The Deal website and they called me back within a couple of hours. I gave my card details in order for a deposit to be taken by the garage that I'll be getting the car from.

After a couple of anxious days awaiting further contact I got a call from the dealership yesterday (Thursday) afternoon to confirm my purchase, advise they have taken a £500 deposit (which will be refunded when I collect the car) and take details for the finance.

This morning I received my vehicle order form via email.

All in all it's been very straightforward so far amd I've been lucky in that the dealership is only 54 miles away and a relatively easy train journey away.

The biggest problem is that I'm very excited but have a wait of 10-14 weeks for delivery!

Close to 4 months for delivery. I would expect a car customised and just coming off the production line

Close to 4 months for delivery. I would expect a car customised and just coming off the production line

It would appear that with my choice of spec I'll have a genuine limited edition! (That's my attempt to put a positive spin on the waiting time!)

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a very surprising call from the dealership and I'm picking up my car next week!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Had a read through the thread just now as I too am getting a new ST (exactly the same spec unless yours had orange seats!) 

I was advised originally that there would be an 8 week lead time but Ford had stock built a fair few White ST3's with sensors and wheel :)

Happy Days that we're both getting an ST next week!!! Having already had one I can tell you now you'll have a massive grin on your face this time next year :D

• Like 2

Just collecting it from the dealership. Thanks for your advice in arranging the purchase!

• Like 3

Remember, pictures or it didn't happen :tongue:

• Like 1

I tried but the app doesn't like me!

• Like 1

Already got the first mod underway...

DSC_1625.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/17/2016 at 8:17 PM, Taylor22 said:

I got a quote on carwow out of curiosty. £16,618 financed is cheapest that came up. 

Screenshot_20160417-201700.png

That's exactly who I bought my ST from 2 years ago, seems like a good dealership but it was very far away for me. It was worth it though, got an ST3 with all options for £17.8k, which was about as cheap as they would go for at the time.

That's exactly who I bought my ST from 2 years ago, seems like a good dealership but it was very far away for me. It was worth it though, got an ST3 with all options for £17.8k, which was about as cheap as they would go for at the time.

I actually got mine through Marshall Ford in Cambridge... And for an even better price.

• Like 2

Ahhh Phil, I didn't realise MPS (multiple post syndrome) was contagious!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club