Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleeding Brakes.

JayG90

Go drive it down a dirt or gravel road, hit the brakes hard a few times so the ABS kicks in.

This will get the solenoids working and should expel some air out of the ABS pump if there is any in there.

Then go bleed it again with the engine running.

If this fails then maybe you have a faulty master cylinder.

• 3 weeks later...

Story update goes 

Went into ford yesterday to speak to them. Gonna cost £40 as it's just a fluid change. They now run the diagnosis anyway instead of power forcing the fluid apparently. He said that should sort it as it's a common problem. He said if thay doesn't sort it then its an abs module fault. 

Now before I go get this done. Can someone confirm if I had an abs fault then I wouldn't get abs to kick in full stop or is this false? I mentioned that another garage said about the servo he said no as then my brakes would be rock solid. 

Just need some information before they attempt to say my abs module is busted. 

If you have an ABS fault and the light is on then it won't activate, but it the light isn't on then the system is still active, even if it's faulty.

If it was the servo the pedal would always feel as hard as when the engines off.

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you have an ABS fault and the light is on then it won't activate, but it the light isn't on then the system is still active, even if it's faulty.

If it was the servo the pedal would always feel as hard as when the engines off.

He said to me they don't have abs lights. I have no lights so I guess its pot luck and hope they don't try and scam me? 

At last a ford garage that knows what needs to be done, like I said , diagnostic routine etc then abs module if bleed doesnt work, im still guessing abs module fault unfortunatly

• 2 weeks later...

how did you get on with the abs fault? is it fixed?

15 minutes ago, iantt said:

how did you get on with the abs fault? is it fixed?

I was going to have it booked in for next week as brakes did start to go far more responsive after i cleaned away all brake dust and that... however i wont have the car now for however long as insurance will be coming to collect it monday or tuesday 

• Like 1