Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control

MrNixon

I've seen the post about retrofitting the cruise control switch to the existing steering wheel but I've managed to find a new steering wheel with cruise control and asl already on it. 

Would it just be a case of swapping steering wheels so plug and play and then doing the ECLM? 

I have a 61 Plate Focus Hatchback. Registered December 2011.

Think you may need a small wiring harness, unless its in steering wheel already, as you need to connect the existing buttons on airbag part to it .got old wiring somewhere to show what I mean, will photo and post up. After all wired in , you need focuus software and enable it in the car configuration.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Think you may need a small wiring harness, unless its in steering wheel already, as you need to connect the existing buttons on airbag part to it .got old wiring somewhere to show what I mean, will photo and post up. After all wired in , you need focuus software and enable it in the car configuration.

That'll be brilliant. If you can post part numbers or photos of what else I will need that'll be a big help.

• Like 1

As yours is earlier than mine, it could be the case you dont need any wiring extra. You have got the voice and volume buttons low down on steering wheel. So you just need to remove airbag and check if you have connector that matches the steering wheel with cruise.

does your steering wheel with cruise  come with the wiring imbetween the cruise and voice/volume buttons

2016-04-18 15.11.09.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like its a straight swap then .

21 minutes ago, iantt said:

Looks like its a straight swap then .

Does it have the connectors that's needed? So I'm guessing that all I need to do is swap the steering wheel and then modify the car config using focuus software?

Now I;ve been looking up prior to installing the new steering wheel. How ever What part of the clock spring do I have to tape to stop it from moving?

Clock spring wont move while swapping wheels over

All parts arrived this morning except the OBD2 USB for my laptop so I'll keep this post updated to let everyone know how the install goes

Most difficult bit is removing the airbag, unclip one side , then unclip the other side, and opposite side clips back in again.lol

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

Most difficult bit is removing the airbag, unclip one side , then unclip the other side, and opposite side clips back in again.lol

Thats what I thought, I didn't think it would be easy. Is the laptop part easy?

yes, fairly straight forward, just make sure to give the car a run before hand to charge battery up , as most programming errors occour with battery voltage below 11.6v

52 minutes ago, iantt said:
23 minutes ago, iantt said:

yes, fairly straight forward, just make sure to give the car a run before hand to charge battery up , as most programming errors occour with battery voltage below 11.6v

battery disconnect is N-P reconnect is P-N right?

ill give it a run out for 30 mins before start of project. 

forscan now has limited configuration ability, its not as in depth as ELMconfig for the Mk2 is but its got the basics most need, more important is the support you get from their forum is much better 

On 21/04/2016 at 9:41 AM, Dee_82 said:

forscan now has limited configuration ability, its not as in depth as ELMconfig for the Mk2 is but its got the basics most need, more important is the support you get from their forum is much better 

I don't have the MK2, I have the MK3. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrNixon said:

I don't have the MK2, I have the MK3. :)

yes I know, ELMconfig is for the MK2, but foscan seems to have started building up functionality across a number of cars and versions. 

14 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

yes I know, ELMconfig is for the MK2, but foscan seems to have started building up functionality across a number of cars and versions. 

So either way, the configuration part should be easy right?

On 25/04/2016 at 1:30 PM, Dee_82 said:

Should be! ;)

Steering wheel in place!

What is the best ELM327 USB Connector? I bought one from eBay but it says "Can't init ELM".

Mk3 uses FoCCCus software. Find it at http://ford.xtlt.ru/' Also check this out to make sure you have the correct drivers for the cable http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1/0/how-to-install-elm327-usb-cable-on-windows-and-obd2-software

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club