Do Not Sell My Personal Information

53 plate mk1 tdci zetec focus

RyanHoopz

hi,

lately my focus has had a problem starting and is progressively getting worse its a 53 zetec tdci and when turning the key it will crank the engine without firing for a while then it will fire but then engine will shake quite hard when started and make a clicking noise at first i thought this was the starter motor playing up as now and then it would start fine but its doing it all the time now i have also noticed the clutch pedal stays down when pressed when starting up and wont come back up smoothly maybe the clutch not disengaging so the engine cant start properly?

any help would be much appreciated cheers

Ryan

It could be the dmf.The symptoms,certainly poor starting ,excessive engine vibration and clutch issues are connected to it failing at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

ive had the dmf go on my mk2 focus and it felt completely different to this you could hear it driving along like someone wacking a hammer on the flywheel lol, going to take it to a garage today see what they say fingers crossed

Let us know what they say,all feedback is useful,mindful that I have a MK1.Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC