Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Facelift Crash Damage - Questions about replacement parts

Athique

Hi, I was recently involved in a low speed crash and the passenger side door and front wing took damage. I'd like to replace the wing and found this on eBay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-MK4-08-11-FRONT-WING-PASSENGERS-SIDE-LEFT-NEARSIDE-/221441671214?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item338ef3c02e:g:928AAOxynwlTdiAY

Are these parts suitable to use? Isn't the original wing a metal part and I'm assuming this is some sort of GRP or something. Would this be ok to use as a replacement?

thanks!

It doesn't mention not being metal.

Tbh pattern parts can be a bit hit and miss for fitting 100% without a bit of finessing but for that price it's worth a punt.

You sometimes find pattern parts can have minor scratches and imperfections, but as it will need painting anyway a decent bodyshop would easily get it looking spot on.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Thanks! It turns out its steel. Have just received delivery and it seems to be a good quality part at least.

• Like 1

Hopefully it doesn't need too much fettling to fit.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club