Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST Mk7 Rear Fog light Smashed and Bumper Scrape

JB1993

Hey all,

So I park my car on the road on the opposite side of a T junction as there is nowhere else to park on my street and I don't have off road parking.

People turn in this junction and constantly miss judge distances between my car and my fathers Van.

As you can see from the pictures below whoever hit the car damaged the rear right hand side of the bumper and fog light also ignore the white that's from the other persons car.

I have already ordered a replacement fog lamp with housing however as a proud Fiesta ST owner I cant stand the fact that the paint is scraped.

The bumper has parking sensors and I was wondering where the best place to get a replacement bumper from is ?

I have checked online and cant find many bumpers for the ST with parking sensors. can someone help ?

IMG_20160418_112802.jpg

IMG_20160418_112809.jpg

Is the bumper cracked or split anywhere?

Could probably just have it filled and sprayed.

Just now, alexp999 said:

Is the bumper cracked or split anywhere?

Could probably just have it filled and sprayed.

There is a small crack near the scraped paint, you cant really see it in the pictures.

Probably a smart repair would work for this - someone like Chipsaway would sort it.

17 minutes ago, Mariner said:

Probably a smart repair would work for this - someone like Chipsaway would sort it.

Yeah I have heard good things about chips away, I would not mind paying out so much if it was myself that caused the damage but when I know it was some prick that drove off I want to strive to keep the costs down as much as I can :)

7 minutes ago, JB1993 said:

Yeah I have heard good things about chips away, I would not mind paying out so much if it was myself that caused the damage but when I know it was some prick that drove off I want to strive to keep the costs down as much as I can :)

Smart Repair/Chips away maybe able to do it, or a local bodyshop with a good rating/feedback. Only issues I have with smart repairs is that sometimes with the paint, when its been rushed or not done properly, looks a bit like orange peel. (Can tell where the paint just hasn't sat right/smooth) which can be just as annoying!

Hope you get it fixed soon, this is where 24hr dashcams are needed, but are just a lot of ££ and effort :( 

38 minutes ago, JSMarsden said:

Smart Repair/Chips away maybe able to do it, or a local bodyshop with a good rating/feedback. Only issues I have with smart repairs is that sometimes with the paint, when its been rushed or not done properly, looks a bit like orange peel. (Can tell where the paint just hasn't sat right/smooth) which can be just as annoying!

Hope you get it fixed soon, this is where 24hr dashcams are needed, but are just a lot of ££ and effort :( 

Funny you just mentioned Dash cams. I already have one on the front, however it is not 24 hour. I want to hunt around for a few high res 24 hour dash cams because, not to sound like I am blowing my horn but the people who live in my area are mostly jobless and if they do have a cars mostly banged up peugeot's My car is the nicest one on the street and its only a matter of time before some small minded anger management chav tries to do vandalise the car. I need to move away from where I am lol

8 minutes ago, JB1993 said:

Funny you just mentioned Dash cams. I already have one on the front, however it is not 24 hour. I want to hunt around for a few high res 24 hour dash cams because, not to sound like I am blowing my horn but the people who live in my area are mostly jobless and if they do have a cars mostly banged up peugeot's My car is the nicest one on the street and its only a matter of time before some small minded anger management chav tries to do vandalise the car. I need to move away from where I am lol

Its a shame you can't park outside of your house as a CCTV would probably be easier to install (may not drag plates up though!)

Yeh, they do 24hr ones but they turn themselves off if they feel the battery start to go flat. Its a shame that people do things like this and drive off, not even a sorry note :(.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club