Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Making my Focus sound a bit more 'Throaty'

JoshyBoy96

Hi all, this is my first experience of an online forum so I'm pretty new to all this!

I have a Focus mk2 1.6 TDCi (remapped) and I love it, however, I would like to make it sound just a little bit more 'throaty' when my heavy right foot hits the floor.

I'm not wanting to spend a lot, like maybe around £50-£60, and I don't want it to sound like a chav in his little 1.0 litre Corsa who has put a screwdriver through the Cat, I just want a little more of a growl as I'm pulling away.

What are my best options?? Will I need to splash out on a full induction kit, or are there cheaper methods?

Cheers 

how about completely free ?

removing the snorkel  ( the plastic air splitter pipe behind the front grill that flows into the airbox ) will improve the engine note without being loud & irritating and wont cost a dime.........

Even better! I will have a look as soon as I'm back from work tomorrow. Is the snorkel below the airbox? and what is the best way of getting to it? (I'm a bit of an amateur with this so it will be trial and error for me otherwise) haha

Thanks for the help though!

So I had my car in pieces yesterday trying to find this snorkel.... I thought that it would be located in front of the radiator but I couldn't locate it at all.... Any thoughts?

Also, if mine isn't there, are there any other ways of making it sound a little better?

20160421_183718.jpg

20160421_183713.jpg

Its not on there, so there is a plastic tube that comes from the airbox then goes in to a second tube that runs along the gap at the front, it has a dent in it that allows it to pass under the bonnet lock and terminate the other side with an upward facing hole.  if you haven't removed it, then someone already has

Ah right... Thanks for clearing that up, it explains a lot! Haha

So is there another way I can make it sound a bit more beefy without spending a lot? Or am I best just leaving it alone?

simple induction filter would be the easiest way if routed to just begin the headlight with a heat shield it will be fine then simply route a cold air feed from lower grill to it other than that its time to look at the exhaust

Not trying to hijack a thread but how can I do this with a Ford Focus MK3. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club