Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine malfunction warning 2008 tdci

jack1997

So today whilst driving my car engine malfunction light went off with a scary beep sound and then into limp mode in the middle of a roundabout. I was thrashing the car today and driving with a heavy foot but I do that here and there, I made sure not to exceed red line and change gears appropriately. Anyway I pulled the car over and let it cool. I just put in fresh bp diesel and the oil has also been recently replaced. 

Anyway after I turned the car back on the light is gone but I'm pretty worried. The last time this happened and the car was on limp mode the repair bill cost £900. It wasn't the dpf back then though but an issue with the electricals. So I am slightly worried that I may have a dpf issue now, as I am a city driver  who occasionally road trips. I also do 40 minute commutes to the suburb two evenings a week. The car is on 105400 miles so not surprising that an issue has popped up though. 

Any thoughts as to my next course of action?

thansks guys. 

Get the codes read and go from there.

The should be a DTC stored if the mil light flashed up.

Sent from my SM-G930F

4 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Get the codes read and go from there.

The should be a DTC stored if the mil light flashed up.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Are you talking about the codes that you need to take the car to a garage to get or the codes you can get from the in-car diagnostics? I've heard the diagnostic feature in the car is no good

In car codes can be quite restricted but may flag something obvious up.

A proper OBD diagnostic scan will find more info.

A bluetooth module and the Torque app on a phone is a decent option.

Out of interest, when was the fuel filter and filter housing seal last replaced?

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

As said without a diagnostics session it could be many things. Torque app is OK but again won't show codes from other modules, so if it isn't a code stored in the PCM they are not always that much use.

• Like 1

ive started getting this.the other day i went out to the car and it wouldnt start.from experience of when i was fitting heated seats i knew it was the lower plug in the passenger foot well i checked it and the car started.well today went out in car and before i set of the malfunction alarm sounded with pics on dash.keep restarting and it went ok got to tescos and it started up again.any way when i got home i started checking the plug in foot well when i touched it the alarm would sound.i swaped the blus clip over(was going to change the grey plug male bit but the one i have wasnt up to much)i noticed the blue cip bit had wear on the bits thats hold it tight.it seams ok now so will see how it goes.

just thought maybe of help to any one having problams with out finding anything

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club