Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Location of exterior temp sensor - mk6

m1tch

Hi all,

I need to replace my external temp sensor, when I bought it I could tell it wasn't working correctly and the garage didn't bother to replace it as agreed so I am going to sort it myself - I am not sure I need to replace it or just give it a clean. Usually they are found on the bottom of the wing mirrors however I cannot see anything that would indicate a sensor - can someone let me know where it should be.

I can tell that its incorrect as I am pretty sure it's not 43C outside or indeed 9C when there is very heavy ice on the window!

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate i own a MK6 fiesta. I did a quick check in the owners manual and can confirm if you open the hood of the vehicle and locate the crash bar just behind the bumper. Its attached to the crash bar. 

If still no joy let me know I will post a picture

Thanks

Ryan

8 hours ago, ryan1995fiesta said:

Hi mate i own a MK6 fiesta. I did a quick check in the owners manual and can confirm if you open the hood of the vehicle and locate the crash bar just behind the bumper. Its attached to the crash bar. 

If still no joy let me know I will post a picture

Thanks

Ryan

I have found it, it seems rather inaccessible but I can see it tucked at the front, I can just about get to it by unclipping the top of the front bumper, no access from below though, will have to think about how I can get it out to try and clean it.

I am taking the whole front end of the car off today to replace my damaged wing. Will let you know if removing the bumper fully makes it easier to access the sensor. 

Glad I could help

Will post reply later

Cheers

Ryan

On my Focus it is located attached to the front bumper ? crash bar at the front. Removing the lower wind deflector gives great access from underneath, no idea if it'll be the same for the Fiesta.