Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav fuse live connect

able

Hi anybody know how to make the cig lighter Live all the time mine is only live with ign on.

i would like to be able to charge my tomtom go60 while Iam at a standstill as these tomtom don't seem to hold a charge very long once the ignition is switched off I have seen some discussions about the opposite problem all talking about moving a Fuse to a differant possision. Has anybody got any advise.

Vehicle Ford Fiesta Titanium December 2015

52 minutes ago, able said:

Hi anybody know how to make the cig lighter Live all the time mine is only live with ign on.

i would like to be able to charge my TomTom go60 while Iam at a standstill as these tomtom don't seem to hold a charge very long once the ignition is switched off I have seen some discussions about the opposite problem all talking about moving a Fuse to a differant possision. Has anybody got any advise.

Vehicle Ford Fiesta Titanium December 2015

When you mean at a standstill, do you mean when your engine goes off at the lights on auto stop start, or do you mean if you park up somewhere?

I wouldn't recommend having your 12v on 24/7 when its parked as if you mistakenly leave something in, it may drain the battery

Hi thanks for Responce my problem is if I require to operate sat nav when ignition is switched off planing routes ect,  if I have not used it recently I find the battery flat on device so I then have to keep ignition on to recharge unit while Iam planing trip.

Update I may have sorted problem out if you use the cig plug on the back of the centre consul this is live without ignition on .

Not sure if it goes to sleep after locking down.

10 hours ago, able said:

Hi thanks for Responce my problem is if I require to operate sat nav when ignition is switched off planing routes ect,  if I have not used it recently I find the battery flat on device so I then have to keep ignition on to recharge unit while Iam planing trip.

Update I may have sorted problem out if you use the cig plug on the back of the centre consul this is live without ignition on .

Not sure if it goes to sleep after locking down.

Yes No issues, The only issue with having the front live, is that if you leave your sat nav plugged in over night, it will continue to charge from the battery and could possibly drain it.

Is there an issue when planning your trip with the ignition on? I do it all the time, doesn't waste much (if any) fuel and gives the car a chance to warm up before i begin my journey (which it never usually gets!) :laugh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club