Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streek Central locking

Andras1987

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my central locking system, it is just stopped working and i can open the boot also. I am only able to open the door with the key, but i can not open the boot with the key, between the seats also. It seems to me the locks does not getting any electricity. When pressing the remote on the key i can hear a clicking noise and also the hazard lights are blinking.

Is any of you know, where is any relay maybe for the locks?

Thanks in advance.

What car is it - Streetka?

I thought the between the seats lock was mechanical and just a wire to manually open the boot?
It sometimes needs a good turn to get it to open - another pain in the !Removed! in the design of this nightmare on wheels!

May also be the solenoid for the keylock - if one fails the other wont work either perhaps?

56 minutes ago, Omendata said:

What car is it - Streetka?

I thought the between the seats lock was mechanical and just a wire to manually open the boot?
It sometimes needs a good turn to get it to open - another pain in the !Removed! in the design of this nightmare on wheels!

May also be the solenoid for the keylock - if one fails the other wont work either perhaps?

Thank you,

Yes it is a Streetka, i tried actually very hard to turn the key, but i will try even harder than. 

Do you know where is the solenoid for the keylock and how to test it?

My battery is out of my Streetka and i can open the boot from the inside of the car between the seast so it is a mechanical wire mechanism that operates the emergency unlock.

Solenoid is behind the door panel i would imagine.

Have you checked the roof stowage area and made sure its locked and properly closed as the central locking wont work if its unlocked?

Thanks,

i will try to turn the key harder then. 

Yes i checked the roof is locked, but also can not be opened, when i press the button it is just giving the exactly same clicking noise, that is why i was thinking this is something to do with any reley or something. 

If the roof solenoid is clicking then its faulty and i can tell you from personal experience that the roof mechanism is a real pain on the streetka - the microswitch is the main culprit for the alarm going off and the solenoids on the streetka are very poor quality as is a lot of what is in this badly designed skateboard - the relay wouldnt be an issue if electricity is getting to the roof solenoid! A relay is just an electronic switch designed to pass a high current efficiently;  Relays offer complete isolation between the activating circuit and the load and prevent nasty surges and spikes - car lights are notorious especially on ym old kit car which didnt have any relays at all - they are usually activated by a smaller control/base voltage - kinda like a npn transistor!

• 6 months later...
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:24 AM, Omendata said:

If the roof solenoid is clicking then its faulty and i can tell you from personal experience that the roof mechanism is a real pain on the streetka - the microswitch is the main culprit for the alarm going off and the solenoids on the streetka are very poor quality as is a lot of what is in this badly designed skateboard - the relay wouldnt be an issue if electricity is getting to the roof solenoid! A relay is just an electronic switch designed to pass a high current efficiently;  Relays offer complete isolation between the activating circuit and the load and prevent nasty surges and spikes - car lights are notorious especially on ym old kit car which didnt have any relays at all - they are usually activated by a smaller control/base voltage - kinda like a npn transistor!

Kit car? You mentioned a kit car? What is it? Tell us more!!!! I wanna know. I LOVE kit cars...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club