Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP! FAO all Drivers

Helena

I'v heard there is a car insurance company that will add named drivers for an extra £45.

I would be really greatful if anybody could find out the name of this insurance company or a similar one that does this sort of thing. Also if anybody can name some of the minority car insurances who will provide DOC (Driving Other Cars) to under 25's.

Thanks very much, any help would be appreciated.

(Mods please leave topic in here for now)

I don't plan on moving this Helena - calm down :lol:

Erm, just about any car insurance company will add a named driver at any point, prices vary depending the driver being added. For example, while I was car-less waiting for the Fiesta to arrive my parents added me to their Renault Megane as a named driver. It cost £15 - Cyldesdale Bank. However, if I were 17 and had no experience, I'm sure it would have been much much more.

As for DOC for under 25s, good luck with that. The DOC cover will most likely only be third party anyway. I can't provide any specific names to help here.

all i no is that elephant off driving other cars third party to anyone over 21 at a cost

I know about the DOC situation it is very tricky to get around.

My boyfriend has a Range Rover Sport, he never uses it because he's got a car that he uses alot more and prefers it. He said I can basically have it whenever I want if I can get the insurance sorted for it.

It's £4,000 for my own insurance on it and by adding me as a named driver on his doesn't make much difference either.

Which is why I'm relying on finding some back ally insurance broker who will have me on a DOC.

Neeed a way around it.

I don't plan on moving this Helena - calm down :lol:

Erm, just about any car insurance company will add a named driver at any point, prices vary depending the driver being added. For example, while I was car-less waiting for the Fiesta to arrive my parents added me to their Renault Megane as a named driver. It cost £15 - Cyldesdale Bank. However, if I were 17 and had no experience, I'm sure it would have been much much more.

As for DOC for under 25s, good luck with that. The DOC cover will most likely only be third party anyway. I can't provide any specific names to help here.

Yeah with this company though they add any driver to a policy for that price regardless of Convictions, Accidents, Age etc

Sounds too good to be true, It probs is.

It's £4,000 for my own insurance on it and by adding me as a named driver on his doesn't make much difference either.

Which is why I'm relying on finding some back ally insurance broker who will have me on a DOC.

Neeed a way around it.

no chance or if you did its likely to be around £6000 for the isnurance i'm afraid

How about I take the Range Rover off both your hands, that way you won't have the worry of sorting out insurance :lol: