Do Not Sell My Personal Information

radio and bluetooth audio

jdripper

Hello,

I have a 2012 Focus.

When the radio is on, it seems my phone connects to bluetooth and sends the satnav instructions over bluetooth. Which I do not hear.

If I select "aux", all works well. But then I would have to play music through my phone.

It is possible to use the radio and still get the buetooth audio over it ?

I know the work around is to turn off bluetooth on the phone and get the satnav instruction from the phone's speak. Though, it would be nice to get it on the car's audio.

Thanks

What you want is not possible.

The bluetooth phone protocol does not allow transmitting of  the Satnav instructions from the Phone. The bluetooth audio protocol does allow transmitting of the Satnav instructions but will not allow you to play music from another radio source simultaneously.

I use the Navmii app and it includes a media player so you can bluetooth navigation information to the car while play music that you preselect into a playlist.

When the nav info is spoken the music reduces volume.

Sent from my SM-G930F

The Sygic navigation app I use on my Android phone will either speak them over bluetooth media (if i'm playing music from my phone), or speak them over a "phone call" - putting my radio (Pioneer FH-X700BT) into a phone call receiving mode briefly.

My tomtom app (on android) works just fine with Google Play music running at the same time. If fact, it quite nicely lowers the volume of the music and plays the instructions over it.

I wanted to get the instructions over the car's (FM) radio audio, which seems to be not possible.
A little annoying as I need to remember to turn off bluetooth on the phone.

Thanks

2 hours ago, jdripper said:

My tomtom app (on android) works just fine with Google Play music running at the same time. If fact, it quite nicely lowers the volume of the music and plays the instructions over it.

I wanted to get the instructions over the car's (FM) radio audio, which seems to be not possible.
A little annoying as I need to remember to turn off bluetooth on the phone.

Thanks

I think you're misreading what i've written.

The Sygic app will do what you want, unfortunately it is not tomtom (believe it uses the tomtom maps), at least on my cars setup. If you are on anything other than bluetooth, it imitates a phone call to tell you the instructions.

So it is possible, but entirely app dependent.

12 hours ago, Micro said:

I think you're misreading what i've written.

The Sygic app will do what you want, unfortunately it is not TomTom (believe it uses the TomTom maps), at least on my cars setup. If you are on anything other than Bluetooth, it imitates a phone call to tell you the instructions.

So it is possible, but entirely app dependent.

Got it, thanks !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club