Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any ideas

Lewy12345

Hello guys, 

i have had my ford fiesta 1.25 (82) 2015 reg beauty for a few months now. The car is great cannot fault it. Was wondering if you guys have any ideas (easy) which will help with more power maybe will go to the st but thought ill slowly go up the ranks. Any suggestions woukd be great cheers. 

• Like 1

Hiya mate. Glad you like your car, I was going to suggest Superchips, blue fin remap. But, I believe they don't do it for the 1.25 2015 model... 

image.png

Thats a shame ! Typical that they dont. Quick question would my 15 plate be a mk7 model do you know ? 

Even if superchips did do a map I doubt you'd see much of an increase tbh. Looking at the mk6.5 1.25l they have listed you get a 9bhp increase.

If your looking for a step up but don't just want to jump straight to the ST, I think your best off looking at upgrading to the 1L 125. I did exactly that, started out with a 1.25 zetec, then 1.0 zs and then to an ST.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Plus i noticed you mentioned the overlays on the badges i like the idea only issue is im having trouble locating a) the overlays thenselfs b) finding the colour i want any clues where to search? 

Yeah, it is a shame mate, maybe someone will post up why and with more information as to why the don't, I believe it's because that engine just may not benefit from it as much... I might be wrong mate. 

Yours will be referred to either most commonly Mk7.5 or mk7 facelift (fl) the .5 referring to it been face lifted also. 

• Like 1

Had a look and getting allot out of a 1.25 is hard, like getting blood out of a stone. 

Im thinking of taking it slow with the bigger engines for certain dont want to write it off straight away. 

how lkng has i taken to mod yours up ?

5 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

Yeah, it is a shame mate, maybe someone will post up why and with more information as to why the don't, I believe it's because that engine just may not benefit from it as much... I might be wrong mate. 

Yours will be referred to either most commonly Mk7.5 or mk7 facelift (fl) the .5 referring to it been face lifted also. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CookieM said:

Even if superchips did do a map I doubt you'd see much of an increase tbh. Looking at the mk6.5 1.25l they have listed you get a 9bhp increase.

If your looking for a step up but don't just want to jump straight to the ST, I think your best off looking at upgrading to the 1L 125. I did exactly that, started out with a 1.25 zetec, then 1.0 zs and then to an ST.

Thinking this is a good route dont want to write it off straight away. How good are the sts ? 

It would be mate. I'll be remapping mine in months to come to 138 with superchips. The 1.0 100 engine mate would be perfect for you. Enough power, pull and fun, but such a tiny unit. 

Im constantly adding things to mine mate. Go on my profile, scroll to where you can see the about me, and have a look... 

Good words of advice and I quote JSmarsden himself, one item, once a month, controls the spending that way, and gives you time to play with ideas... 

I haven't lived by that rule though until last month, I was constantly buying new bits!! 

I've had the car from new since December 2014..

• Like 1

Thinking this is a good route dont want to write it off straight away. How good are the sts ? 

All depends on your situation i suppose. The ST is a great car. Looks good, fun to drive, bags of power (with potential for increase). Ride is quite firm (never bothered me though), higher insurance, higher tax and other running costs. Going off the mpg my mum and sister get in their 1.25's I don't think there's much difference in what I was getting in my ST though tbh!

Best thing you can do is go and pay a visit to a Ford dealer and have a go in both the 1l zs and the st

• Like 1

Cookey09 

noticed you mentioned you have an arm rest, how easy was it to install did you have to use screws ? Plus i still cant find anywhere for gel overlays.

• Like 1

It will seem complicated if you've never done anything like it before. 

Before I installed mine I spoke to Mikeyd1 as he had already done it. He gave me some pointers and his number incase I got stuck. Luckily, I didn't. 

Due to JSMarsden, we were discussing for at least a month on having an armrest done. We both knew it would be a case of prising the centre console trim away and  un-!Removed! existing screws waiting to be put back in the same place with the new console... But as JSMarsden did his a couple of days before myself, he wrote a pretty good guide! 

So I had no need to ring Mikeyd1. 

It is easier than it looks! 

His guide should be on the forum somewhere... Can't find it though... 

But it's included in this thread mate. 

skip to page 3 if you want the guide. But I'd advise you have a read through the full thread, it's a good read anyway. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club