Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK5 sat nav

Alana

Hi all

I'm probably not looking in the right place, but on the MK5 is there a way to get the sat nav directions on the driver panel bit (behind the steering wheel) where the picture of the car is??? You know just for turns etc??

Seems odd that its not there?

Also again is there no digital speedo available in that area instead of having to look at the actual dials?

Picky girl here!

Thanks

Hi

I've got a mkV as well, I wanted the turn by turn on the instrument panel and was told it couldn't be done. I'm not bothered about the digital speedo, I had one on my last car and always favoured the dials for some reason.

If you find a way to do the turn by turn please let us know, id be interested to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a shame. I'm bored of looking at the car picture 😂

Thanks for the reply!

I know, it is a bit dull, while you're driving nothing happens with the car. Would be better if it showed your lights were on or anything to make it useful!

I've changed the display on the sync screen though so that helps!

what did you change it to? Ive only had mine a week - i had it 4 hours and the timing chain snapped and i had to have a whole new engine!!!

I actually changed it to my football teams crest, Liverpool lol I have loads of others stored though so can change it when we lose!

That's really bad luck! What engine do you have? Mine has been off the road more than it was on since I got it in December, it was the stop/system failing and ABS module and the hill assist kept jamming on. Finally fixed now though.

I've got the 2.0 diesel and mines automatic. God I hope nothing else goes wrong! What's yours?

Mine is the new 1.5l petrol turbo 160ps with a manual box.

I'm on my 5th ford now, I do like the ecoboost engines. If anything else goes wrong on mine they know I'm rejecting it. Due to all the problems I've managed to negotiate free servicing!

Does the zetec come with the Sync2 as standard? Also does it have front and rear parking sensors with park assist? Did you get any added extras?

Yeah I've the sync 2 as standard.

its my company car which was originally delivered in December (ordered in August) and the lease company forgot to ask for the Sat nav and parking sensors, so it was sent back and a new one ordered. In the meantime Ford changed the Zetec spec so it now has sat nav as standard, in my opinion nicer alloys, and updated daylight runners to led instead of halogen (see pic) and I got front and rear parking sensors as my only extra 

image.jpeg

What a balls up!

I have the park assist which is pretty cool when you want to freak people out.

I have the previous spec zetec so crappy halogen DRLs, yours are much nicer.

I upgraded the bulbs in the dipped beam and side lights but can't find a suitable replacement for the DRL as they are also high beam.

I've also had the windows tinted from the B pillar back, I got ford to do it so it matched the titanium model.

Also fitted my dash cam and plan to plasti dip the badges in black and possibly the mirrors.

I'll get a photo up later.

Pm sent

I got my Mk5 on Sunday. I could have sworn I saw a turn indication on the instrument cluster the other day when I first used the satnav, I will try it again and let you know.

I hope Timing belts/chains are not an issue on the Mk5 2.0 TDCi, I traded in my 5 series due to the fear of the timing chain breaking in the future and known issues that bmw are ignoring in the UK but fixing in other parts of Europe. I hope you have just been really unlucky.

I would also like to see the phone and radio display as an option on the binnacle, I know it's on the 8" display but I just like it right in front of me

10 hours ago, Simkaz said:

I got my Mk5 on Sunday. I could have sworn I saw a turn indication on the instrument cluster the other day when I first used the satnav, I will try it again and let you know.

I hope Timing belts/chains are not an issue on the Mk5 2.0 TDCi, I traded in my 5 series due to the fear of the timing chain breaking in the future and known issues that bmw are ignoring in the UK but fixing in other parts of Europe. I hope you have just been really unlucky.

yeah i think i was super unlucky....even the AA guy was surprised he was picking up a mondeo and a new one at that.....and the service department at my Ford garage in St Albans were absolutely faultless, they were brilliant and had me a new engine in a matter of days and touch wood its been fine since!!

Ok had another look at mine today. If you are in navigation on the 8" screen and you then use the right hand steering wheel control to select Navigation it will bring up the turn signals on the instrument cluster, you can also bring up the phones last call, missed calls, called calls etc or some radio (entertainment) info but you can only show one or the other at a time. If your not in Navigation when you use the right hand steering wheel control it will show Entertainment, Compass (instead of satnav) and Phone.

I'm going to try that out later and will report back, until then I have to do the dishes or SWMBO might divorce me!

Mine puts the turns etc up on the small display so you can see without looking at the screen.I only got it last week and first time I had used the navigation so I was surprised.Quite useful though.

I can't get the display to show the Nav, media or phone in the centre. There is no option to enable it that I can see. I have the sync2, not the Sony one, my car is a late 2015 mkV zetec.

Any ideas why I can't get it?

• 3 weeks later...

would love to put the screen space behind wheel to better use than it telling me what radio station I'm listening to or showing a simplified compass. Seems to be the only options though :(

On 5/24/2016 at 11:10 AM, SteveWestropUK said:

would love to put the screen space behind wheel to better use than it telling me what radio station I'm listening to or showing a simplified compass. Seems to be the only options though :(

Set the nav to a destination and then the right steering wheel control to select navigation and it should bring up direction instructions on the instrument cluster.

On 5/5/2016 at 9:09 AM, Jonro2009 said:

I can't get the display to show the Nav, media or phone in the centre. There is no option to enable it that I can see. I have the sync2, not the Sony one, my car is a late 2015 mkV zetec.

Any ideas why I can't get it?

No idea, it works fine on mine. Pop into a stealership and ask them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club