Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 De-Tango

alexavfc

Anybody replaced those awful orange bulbs yet? Had a look on powerbulbs but simply got "Sorry, no matching bulbs were found for your car. Please select another type of bulb." when I searched for Fiesta's 08 onwards

Thanks

I've done mine mate. bulbs are just the standard indicator type I think, which I can't remember the name of off the top of my head. Do a search for "bulbs" and one of the topics that will come up is a list of all the bulb types for the fiesta.

I've done mine mate. Bulbs are just the standard indicator type I think, which I can't remember the name of off the top of my head. Do a search for "bulbs" and one of the topics that will come up is a list of all the bulb types for the fiesta.

Thanks matey

Alex - check your messages, I've sent you some info on bulbs.

sounds good canu send my way please as looking in changing bulbs on car and also fotting HID Kit

Silvertec bulb part numbers -

BU581S for the front and rear clusters (four bulbs needed, sold in pairs)

BU501S for the side repeaters (two bulbs needed, sold in pairs)

Philips Silvervision bulbs -

PY21W for the front and rear clusters, as far as I can tell they don't sell the side repeater bulbs.

is it easy to change the bulbs as seeing that the whole light fitting has to come out?

ive heard theres a clip underneath that is hard to get at.

if i decide to de-tango my mk7 will this effect any warranty and is it all road legal?

im going to be getting the silvertec bulbs from Halfords

cheers

if i decide to de-tango my mk7 will this effect any warranty and is it all road legal?

im going to be getting the silvertec bulbs from halfords

cheers

Not sure on the warranty, but they are road legal, and I would check online, you should be able to get them cheaper than Halfords, try Powerbulbs

Not sure on the warranty, but they are road legal, and I would check online, you should be able to get them cheaper than Halfords, try Powerbulbs

thanks for that

hi guys

im having trouble with the side repeaters ,i have the silvertec bulbs to fit but i cant seem to get the cover off ,ive read the manuel and it says push the side to release but im afraid i might snap it, anyone done the side repeaters and had any luck?

also the back lights are also confusing me as it says undo 2 screws and remove the carpet.

thanks

hi again

well i managed to do the back and front indicators with help from my dad , at first it seems very tricky and to be honest it is , but once you have done it you know the next time how to do it.

i just need some help on the door mirror repeaters , can someone please help with how to get the cover off?

thanks

has anyone done the side repeaters ,please help :unsure:

Well I De-tangoed my MK7 today.

It was pretty tricky removing the rear lights the plastic wing nut was tight as anything and

murder to get a hand or any tools to, but got it in the end. Rear indicators replaced with chrome.

Then did the front headlight removal. Quite easy to remove the unit, but getting the indicator bulbs in and

out was again quite tricky. Also changed the number plate lights for 5 way leds.

Well overall i'm quite pleased. The lights do look better without the orange glow when off.

BUT.... be prepared for a loss of brightess compared to the stock bulbs.

I would say with the bulbs i used they are only about 70% as bright as the stock ones.

I think it will be ok... as the stock ones are very bright in my opinion.

As to the number plate leds? yes they look pretty good... still wish they were a little brighter.

The trouble is only 3 of the 5 leds, at most, are actually shining down towards the plate. (They are 360 degree bulbs)

Now to echo the question already asked here... How do you open up the side mirrors to replace the bulbs?

The manual offers little help other than to squeeze and lift. I was pulling and pushing squeezing and cursing all to no avail.

I don't want to break them obviously, so has anyone else done this upgrade? Any tips on removal?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark- I did the rear lights and side repeaters today. The best advice I can give with the side repeaters is to press the side of the cover as hard as possible with the whole of your hand, and then pull towards you, this may sound extreme but the covers are quite tough, and will come away eventually, but whilst pressing the side of the light inwards, pull from that part of the light so the side of the light where you are applying force is the part to come away first

You think taking it of is a night mare, try putting it back on!!! I really did struggle, and didn't find a way of doing it successfully on each light, it really was a case of trial and error, only advice I have is that the covers are quite hardwearing, but beware of the side repeaters, I snapped the clip that keeps it in place on the passenger mirror

Can you advice on how best to do the rear number plate lights? I think I have snapped the clips on both as they are really loose now :(

Mark- I did the rear lights and side repeaters today. The best advice I can give with the side repeaters is to press the side of the cover as hard as possible with the whole of your hand, and then pull towards you, this may sound extreme but the covers are quite tough, and will come away eventually, but whilst pressing the side of the light inwards, pull from that part of the light so the side of the light where you are applying force is the part to come away first

You think taking it of is a night mare, try putting it back on!!! I really did struggle, and didn't find a way of doing it successfully on each light, it really was a case of trial and error, only advice I have is that the covers are quite hardwearing, but beware of the side repeaters, I snapped the clip that keeps it in place on the passenger mirror

Can you advice on how best to do the rear number plate lights? I think I have snapped the clips on both as they are really loose now :(

Hmmm... i may well leave the mirror lights well alone... You wouldn't think it would be so hard to change a bulb in 2009!!

As to the number plate light fitting... you need a small thin flat screwdriver... like a jewellers type.

Look to the right hand side middle of the fitting and you will see a small silver coloured clip.

Push this in and gently prise the fitting out... it will come out very easily.. needless to say i learnt this the hard way!

Thanks for the advice.

Mark.

Hmmm... i may well leave the mirror lights well alone... You wouldn't think it would be so hard to change a bulb in 2009!!

As to the number plate light fitting... you need a small thin flat screwdriver... like a jewellers type.

Look to the right hand side middle of the fitting and you will see a small silver coloured clip.

Push this in and gently prise the fitting out... it will come out very easily.. needless to say i learnt this the hard way!

Thanks for the advice.

Mark.

cheers for that just rang fords garage to ask them about the side repeaters and they were also not sure as they have'nt had to change a side repeater bulb yet at there garage , so i think im going to leave them after your comments , dont really notice the orange in them anyway

Thanks for the advice.

Mark.

I've learnt this the hard way as I think I have snapped the clips, as they are really loose at the minute, but still haven't got them out :o

.... be prepared for a loss of brightess compared to the stock bulbs.

I would say with the bulbs i used they are only about 70% as bright as the stock ones.

Plunder, what indicator bulbs did you use, Silvatec?

I found when me and a mate detangoed our Subaru's the Philips Silvervision ones looked a lot brighter than the Silvatec ones.

Stephen.

Plunder, what indicator bulbs did you use, Silvatec?

I found when me and a mate detangoed our Subaru's the Philips Silvervision ones looked a lot brighter than the Silvatec ones.

Stephen.

Hello Stephen,

Possibly the ones i ended up buying are not as good quality and are therefore not as bright?

I got these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-Indicator-Bul...les_CarParts_SM

They are Spanish... the make is "Krawehl" I know, never heard of them either...

The Philips are 4 times more expensive... mind you if they are 4 times better...

I just couldn't justify £30 to £40 for 4 indicator bulbs that I may not even like.

Its not like they are packaged in such a way you can return them if you don't like them ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club