Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What MK is my car?

JGP

My first car so I'm absolutely awful at all this stuff but I'm just wondering what MK my car is?

I want to buy a few additions online but it keeps asking for my MK.

It's a 2013 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 3 door.

thanks

It'll be a mk7.5. Mk7 started production in 2008 and then was face-lifted (.5) in 2013.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You do not have the regular Mark (commonly abbreviated to MK) 7, you have the MK7 Facelift which is also referred to as MK7.5. This is the current/latest generation of the Fiesta. However I and everyone else on this forum maybe incorrect as to which mark you have without actually seeing your vehicle, as you may have a later manufactured Mark 7; please see photos below to identify your mark.

Unusually your mark is known as the MK7.5 in the UK, however in other European countries and even the United States (the Fiesta is now sold in the states again) it is not referred to as a Mk7 but a Mk6/Sixth Generation. This is the case because in the UK the Mark IV/4 Facelift was commonly referred to as a Mk5 rather than Mk4.5; because of this, in the UK the Mark 5 is known as the Mk6 and Mk6.5 accordingly hence the next generation being referred to as Mk7. I say unusually at the start of this paragraph because this is rarely occurs in a car's mark naming process. As a result of this, you need to be careful when ordering parts as the retailer may use either UK's mark naming convention or the international one.

For illustration purposes, here's the difference between the Mark 7 and 7 Facelift. The Mark 7 is the first photo, the Mark 7 Facelift (MK7.5) is the second photo. (NOTE: The photo of the Mk7.5 has eye-lids on, this is NOT OEM standard.)

Sources: MK7 from Wikimedia | MK7.5 from TRC

All the best. :)

fiestamark7.jpg

image2-m7e6e0zoklh7915qn6omyexwv8hv7z8wtfhsudc35s.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

What mark is my 1.4 ford feista zetec. Reg : mk53uln. 

Was some visual mods done. Any help is much appreciated!

That would be a MK6, distinguishable by the sidelight area of the headlamps having a 'lump' on the top, some refer to them as 'frog eyes'. Personally I prefer the styling of the MK6 to the later model Fiestas, if Ford had fitted the later grille on the MK6 it would have looked even smarter.

Sorry to say this, but lump on headlight came in on the mk6.5 in 2005.  Mk6 has indicators in top of headlamps. Mk6.5 has indicators in bottom of headlamps with lump at top for sidelights (which are totally  useless sidelights and I would say quite unsafe as no one would notice them). I had a mk6.5 , I loved the car but the sidelights are inexcusable. The car is a mk6 in uk but very commonly shown as mk V (Roman numeral 5) on parts lists etc. Not all countries use same mk numbers for fiesta. Wikipedia mentions this discrepancy also

• 3 months later...

I can’t work out which mk my fiesta is. It’s a 59 plate some websites say it’s a mk6 some say original mk7. It’s a 3 door 1.4l 

28 minutes ago, ArchieKingham said:

I can’t work out which mk my fiesta is. It’s a 59 plate some websites say it’s a mk6 some say original mk7. It’s a 3 door 1.4l 

Almost certainly Mk7.  It could be a very late registered Mk6 though.  They're totally different visually so you can't confuse them.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Almost certainly Mk7.  It could be a very late registered Mk6 though.  They're totally different visually so you can't confuse them.

Thank you mate. A lot of MK7 interior accessories seem to fit fine so it must be

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2016 at 7:37 PM, JGP said:

My first car so I'm absolutely awful at all this stuff but I'm just wondering what MK my car is?

I want to buy a few additions online but it keeps asking for my MK.

It's a 2013 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 3 door.

2013-2017 are the facelifted cars and are know as the mk7.5

• 2 months later...

Please can somebody tell me what MK my car is please? My number plate is WV57 GUD

1 hour ago, SierraJuliet said:

Please can somebody tell me what MK my car is please? My number plate is WV57 GUD

Mk6 facelift, aka Mk6.5.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for responding. When searching for parts do I look for the MK6, as I am struggling to find anything for a MK6.5.

2 minutes ago, SierraJuliet said:

Thank you for responding. When searching for parts do I look for the MK6, as I am struggling to find anything for a MK6.5.

Using the 'Mk' system isn't the best when looking for parts as it's not really official.  It's better to look at the year instead, facelift will be something like '05-08' but that's not guaranteed correct either.  

If you're after service parts, they'll generally be the same on all Mk6s.  But if you're after bodywork or interior parts, they're often different on the facelift version.  We're happy to help confirm or find the correct parts if you let us know what you need. :smile: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Using the 'Mk' system isn't the best when looking for parts as it's not really official.  It's better to look at the year instead, facelift will be something like '05-08' but that's not guaranteed correct either.  

If you're after service parts, they'll generally be the same on all Mk6s.  But if you're after bodywork or interior parts, they're often different on the facelift version.  We're happy to help confirm or find the correct parts if you let us know what you need. :smile: 

I need new tilt handles for my front seats. Maybe I should look at  the parts for my specific number plate.  Sorry I am sounding very dim, I just worry about ordering the wrong bits that’s all.  Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated 

10 minutes ago, SierraJuliet said:

I need new tilt handles for my front seats. Maybe I should look at  the parts for my specific number plate.  Sorry I am sounding very dim, I just worry about ordering the wrong bits that’s all.  Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated 

Ah, the tilt handles are one part this is the same on all Mk6s (02-08), they weren't upgraded for the facelift models so you can't really go wrong with those.

The genuine ones are around £40 each but much better quality than the cheap ones and generally last longer.  They are sided so you need to make sure you get a left and right handed one instead of two the same.  It's also worth checking if the cable and the seat mechanism on your car are free.  If they're stiff and seized, they're likely the break the new handle again.

• Like 1

I fixed this on a friends mk6 on both seats I tied some nice thick shoe laces round the cable ends. You could use cable ties but they might cut into your hands more. She had already replaced handles and they broke again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can anyone tell me what MK my car is please - NA61 XJZ.  Need to replace complete passenger side wing mirror unit as some nice person decided to drop kick it off at the weekend!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Fiesta.JPG

2 hours ago, Zppp said:

Hi, can anyone tell me what MK my car is please

Hi, that would be known as a Mk 7. But as Tom mentions earlier in the thread, can be better to go by year and/or VIN no when ordering parts, particularly from a Ford dealer.

• 2 months later...

Hi I’m buying a Ford Fiesta edge 2010 5 door and just wondering what mk it is as I would like to buy some new alloy wheels wondering if anyone can help me 

Also wondering what the edge part means, it’s a 1.25 if that helps with anything 

9 hours ago, Alfie Sandham said:

Hi I’m buying a Ford Fiesta edge 2010 5 door and just wondering what mk it is as I would like to buy some new alloy wheels wondering if anyone can help me 

A 2010 Fiesta would be a mk7. As for edge, it's a trim level with a couple of extras not seen on the base model such as A/C. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

. As for edge, it's a trim level with a couple of extras not seen on the base model such as A/C. 

Yes, my Mrs had one a few years back. As Nick says, it got A/C over the base model, also 15" steel wheels with 195/50 tyres (instead of 14" with 175/65), trip computer, drivers seat height adjustment, nicer seat trim and a silver finish around the heating/radio controls. There were a few "misbuilds" (we had one) that also had front fogs usually only found on Zetec and above. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club