Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Genuine Laptop Battery

TomsFocus

Evening,

Does anyone know where I can get a genuine laptop battery for my HP g6 Pavilion 2205sa? 

battery part number is HSTNN-LB0W

It's lasted almost 3 years but has given up now, intermittently not charging and laptop randomly cutting out with a dead battery after just an hour or so so need one asap really.  Can't seem to find any genuine ones in Europe let alone the UK though.  Not sure if its a rare model or something!

Any help will be appreciated as there's no plug near my chair so use it on battery power all day and let it charge over night usually!

Cheers

Tom

Why does it have to be genuine? Oem one for fairly cheap here... https://www.thelaptoppowersupplyshop.co.uk/hp-pavilion-g6-2205sa-6-cell-laptop-battery-161085

Shouldn't do any damage to the laptop, just might not last as long as your original. Bet it's less than half the price of a new genuine one though!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are much cheaper ones than that on eBay, infact the similar genuine ones are only £30.  It's pointless having a battery that doesn't last long though.  Used to get 4hrs from this when new so would like that again ideally, such a pain having to plug it in and wait after 2 hours!

HP have never actually made a great laptop. To be honest it won't surprise me if HP use a third party manufacturer and just label the battery. Personally never been interested in laptops and that's from an ex software programmer for 13 years lol. 

Anyway amazon have one 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JVV3XLW?fp=1&pc_redir=T1

With it been a HP, have a nip to your local pc store as they might be able to suggest another HP battery that will fit your laptop as some laptops use the same battery and sometimes can source them cheaper. 

Problem is, it's a bit of hassle taking a desktop to the cars for remapping and diagnostics haha. :tongue:   Plus I don't have space for a desk in my flat so a laptop suits me fine.  I do also have a desktop that I haven't used for a couple of years just as a back up lol.

That amazon one isn't genuine lol.

• Like 1

I ended up going straight to HP for a battery for my old laptop because after buying 3 so called genuine ones from the net which each were crap.

I think that's what I'll have to do but can't seem to get any results on the HP partsurfer thing.  Considering they're a computer company they could improve their website!! :laugh: 

Update, found it, turns out its a really common battery but they just don't list my model in the spec lists for some reason.  For future reference, there is a sticker on the battery with the part number, rather than using serial number or model number of laptop to search. :smile:  Genuine ones are around £30 delivered from ebay/Amazon.  £70 from HP direct. 

*UPDATE*

So, to save starting a new thread.  Got a new battery, it is genuine HP...  BUT, still the same issue. :sad:  Give me a car to fix anyday, I've no idea about laptop fixing lol.  I've tried the recommended 'battery calibration' (full drain, then charge and leave plugged in for 2.5 hours) but it doesn't seem to have helped.

The battery meter seems to have 'broken', shows like 50% and 2hrs left then suddenly drops to critical power and dies within minutes unless I can get it plugged in.  Also to be fully charged within an hour which can't be enough?  Same with both batteries so must be something in the laptop software?  It only lasts around an hour and a half doing 'light' work (facebook, forums, eBay, etc) which isn't really good enough.  As I use if for various car diagnostics and remapping it needs to be reliable and hold charge well.  Any ideas?

Get your laptop in for diagnosis why it's eating battery juice.

Tablets are the way forward for car diagnostics man, better battery life and touchscreen too. lol

IMAG0127.jpg

• Like 1

I hate touchscreens lol. 

Must admit I didn't even realise they came with full size USB slots.  I'm sure I'll buy a tablet when they become cheap enough for a tightass like me. :biggrin: 

That's why I went for this 10" linx as it has two full size USB and a micro USB for charging. So I can charge it and use two USB devices at the same time if I need to. It was 160 quid but you can pick them up quite cheap second hand too. Problem is getting some software to run under windows 10. But I use windows 7 on virtualbox for IDS. Have g said that I'm looking for another cheap to install windows 7 on it instead.

Ah I see, sounds like you've got it sorted lol!

I've managed to get almost all my car programmes running on windows 10.  Only one I can't is Peugeot Planet but that wont run on Win7 either, needs XP so I keep a crappy old laptop for that, but the battery doesn't work at all on that and needs plugging in everytime which is irritating.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sent it back and received a refund and an apologetic eBay message.  Not sure it was genuine afterall, but was a good copy if not!

I have now purchased an actual genuine one, with a build date sticker of Feb 2016 which is a good start (original was Feb 2013). On full charge it shows around 5 hours, I haven't been able to test that yet but it's lasting significantly longer than both others and hasn't shut itself off at all so far. So this is something where you clearly do get what you pay for!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club