Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gear box

tark99

hi

can anybody help us my wife called me to say she had broke down she told me she was moving in slow traffic and the gear box got stuck in first gear

she manage to get it free turned down a side street to call me and she could smell something burning, I have 1.0 ecoboost titanium x 14 reg 6,250 mls

on clock.

get it recovered to your dealer to check it over ,its under warranty,

Something burning? Perhaps it's the clutch? I could be wrong.

For now, try to get it recovered. Ford offer free roadside assistance when you service your vehicle with them. You may have the offer.

All the best with it. :)

thanks for all reply's, I will give them a ring tomorrow.

We've got 4 ZSE's in our family, and I'm feeling the clutches ain't too tough on them!

Try reversing slowly up a very steep hill and it starts to smell very quickly when slipping it.

Having said that, we get no problems under normal driving conditions, just for the OP..

FORD might say your wife has been riding the clutch so be ready for them.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

thanks for that Ffoxy .

Assuming it was stop start crawling traffic then would highly suspect it was the clutch she was smelling, she was probably doing a fair bit of driving with the clutch partly depressed etc.

Just did a quick google, I noticed that there was a thread up in the Focus subforum with the ecoboost engines - seems to be a common issue.

It might be a failed slave cylinder:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/fiesta-2013/?section=good

10-4-2014: Report of clutch and clutch slave cylinder of Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost being replaced under warranty. Begs the question why a non DMF Fiesta clutch and slave cylinder are routinely replaced under warranty, whereas if the clutch fails on a Focus 1.0 EcoBoost with a DMF, the clutch, clutch slave cylinder and DMF are all replaced and the customer is charged for the job.

thanks lads for the reply's ill let you know how I get on 

1 hour ago, tark99 said:

thanks lads for the reply's ill let you know how I get on 

Keep us posted as I am sure there will be other forum members in the future who might have the same issue with a car so new.

the cars in at fords today to have it checked out also I thought while it was in I've told them to do the second service on it,

may god have mercy on my soul.

what they told me when I picked the car up that they gave it a road test and couldn't find anything wrong with it and said if it happens again to bring it straight back,

so, I don't know how I feel about that whether I'm glad or I've got this nagging feeling at the back of my mind is it going to happen again, on the service side when I booked it in they quoted £228 and said fords recommend that after two years to have the brake fluid change £39 I said ok and he then said I would have the engine flush and petrol treat £24 to get the max miles to the gallon I said ok, when I picked it up he asked me how much they quoted for service and told him and he told me I got it for £180 and

gave me 1yr ford blueservice breakdown cover and gave me car wash and vac. :) or :(