Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Red Edition

Red Edition Project

Hi folks. I recently purchased a 1L Fiesta Red Edition, love it, great wee car. 

Looking to do some small modifications to it, happy to take some ideas and suggestions. 

So far Ive done the following:

Heko Wind deflectors 

Upgraded all the interiors bulbs to red ones

Upgraded the air filter. 

Had the Eco Boost badge removed (still undecided about removing the fiesta badge)

Things I want to do:

Change the front and back badge to red and black and also the middle badges on the rims

Possibly change the mats to all red with black trim rather than black with red trim?

Some kind of exterior light upgrade (suggestions please)

Also change the aerial to a smaller stumpy one (links/suggestions please)

If anyone has some more ideas fire them below! Pics will be coming once i clean my car and get a bit of sun to take them in!

How are you getting on with the Heko's? Tempted to buy them but not heard great reviews.

For exteriors lights, I went to Car Enhancements UK. Adam does a set for a really good price!

38 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

How are you getting on with the Heko's? Tempted to buy them but not heard great reviews.

For exteriors lights, I went to Car Enhancements UK. Adam does a set for a really good price!

All good so far mate, look nice, easy to fit. Okay cheers, I'll have a look. 

1 hour ago, fraserrg said:

Also change the aerial to a smaller stumpy one (links/suggestions please)

I went with the Richbrook Ford branded ariel for my Red Edition. Got it from amazon but you could probably find it elsewhere as well - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AVWX46/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, Tom-B64 said:

I've got the Hekos as well. They were very simple to fit and look very good IMO. The drivers side window activated the anti trap function when I put them on, but I just pulled them slightly away from the door and it was fine. Didn't need to use the clips either.

1 hour ago, MrGinjaNinja said:

I went with the Richbrook Ford branded ariel for my Red Edition. Got it from Amazon but you could probably find it elsewhere as well - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AVWX46/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got the Hekos as well. They were very simple to fit and look very good IMO. The drivers side window activated the anti trap function when I put them on, but I just pulled them slightly away from the door and it was fine. Didn't need to use the clips either.

I ordered a little red chrome aerial, nothing fancy, more for the look as i don't use the aerial anyway. 

I have the gel overlays for my red edition and they look the business!

With regards to the headlamp lights I changed mine within a week to a full set of Osram Nightbreakers following the links in @Willy's build thread. I had the actual lamp units adjusted to give better dipped beam vision too without glaring other drivers. So far so good, no one has flashed their lights at me and I've been assured they're not glaring either. The standard bulbs are useless dipped. I was actually kind of surprised! They're a great upgrade while keeping with the OEM look I'm after.

I have been considering red mats too. I had OEM red mats in my Civic Type R and they looked great, pain to keep clean. I'm an OEM freak though so unless I can get some Ford units I'll pass.

nice little base to start and like the idea of what you want to do

I think just red mats would be a bit ott but maybe get red mats with black detailing on them to break it up a bit

23 hours ago, b4zz said:

I think just red mats would be a bit ott but maybe get red mats with black detailing on them to break it up a bit

Like these for example $_35.JPG

On 4/30/2016 at 9:29 PM, Mitchell Rogers said:

I have the gel overlays for my red edition and they look the business!

Where from pal?

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:50 PM, fraserrg said:

Like these for example $_35.JPG

yes that exactly what I mean imo they would look sweet

Update!!

So I have done majority of the easy mods I can think of, and this is what she is looking like. Can anyone give me some more suggestions? 

car 2.JPG

car1.JPG

image1.JPG

Airtec intercooler

New exhaust

Remap?

(Thats my plans)

HIDs? (Please don't talk about legality people. I've covered it several times in a quote from VOSA)

Led sidelights?

Led reverse lights?

Silver indicator bulbs?

Body coloured washer jets? / mist type jets

New wheels?

Again alot of these are what I've done/plan to do :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

How you liking your new car then kieran? Bit different to the previous! 

43 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

Airtec intercooler

New exhaust

Remap?

(Thats my plans)

HIDs? (Please don't talk about legality people. I've covered it several times in a quote from VOSA)

Led sidelights?

Led reverse lights?

Silver indicator bulbs?

New wheels?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Thanks for the suggestions pal. I would do many of these if I didn't have this on finance (first car and all.) Not sure if i want to keep it after 3 years. But can do anything that I can revert back when I hand it back. 

How you liking your new car then kieran? Bit different to the previous! 

Loving it mate! My fuel costs have plummeted & the smile is yet to wear off my face! Have you seen the new build log? :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Airtec intercooler

New exhaust

Remap?

(Thats my plans)

Led sidelights?

Led reverse lights?

Silver indicator bulbs?

New wheels?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Thanks for the suggestions pal. I would do many of these if I didn't have this on finance (first car and all.) Not sure if i want to keep it after 3 years. But can do anything that I can revert back when I hand it back. 

Alot of the above is revertable/doesn't bother the dealer. Chances are if I looks good/not distasteful they don't mind :)

@GingerFlame You got links for your front bulbs pal? And how easy to fit?

Which bulbs? :)

All pretty easy to fit, just require the removal of the headlights

22 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

Whatever the ones you are using in your car!( front) 

So, my dipped beam HIDs are these; eBay 271830915324

55w 5k H7

My LED sidelights are these;

eBay 161629831750

Indicators (front & rear)

eBay 371466708030

Side/mirror repeaters

EBay 121378502875

Number plate lights & boot light

EBay 331622947047

2 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

55w 5k H7

EBay 161629831750

I'll edit this with the rest of my bulbs (indicators & soon to be full beam after work)

thanks mate, going to order them. Easy enough to take them out and put new ones in?

55w 5k H7

EBay 161629831750

I'll edit this with the rest of my bulbs (indicators & soon to be full beam after work)

thanks mate, going to order them. Easy enough to take them out and put new ones in?

Extremely easy. Sidelights pull out & New ones in.

HIDs require a small hole cutting in the headlight rubber. I'm working on a permanant solution for mounting the ballast

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club