Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[HELP] Fiesta MK6 1.6 Zetec S w/ K&N Filter

Jackk1337

Hey guys,

So I've recently got myself a K&N 57i for my 1.6 Fiesta Zetec S MK6

Honestly I'm a computer guy and I repair computers/laptops so this is a bit out of my comfort zone - but I'm eager to learn.

Anyway, I'm not too sure what I'm doing to be honest, the instructions given aren't the best as it fits the 2008-2011 Fiesta but the instructions aren't the same. 

Does anyone have any pictures/guides/videos of how to install this intake?

I found this video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUs8HJnX-jU - While it will fit, it just doesn't look right to me, why would you put the intake right ontop of the engine?

Any help is appreciated guys

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap! I didn't believe that the video was right so I went and downloaded the instructions. Wow. Although that's what the instructions say to do, that's just unbelievably stupid.

You're right, that setup is daft. You wouldn't want to put the air filter over the engine. Even though the original does it, it's still feeding cold air from the front of the car. So while the K&N will get some extra flow, whatever it gains will be lost from the air being hot. What you'd really want to do is enclose the air filter from the engine bay altogether. A Pipercross might be better as that has an enclosed pod filter with tubes running either way. One end to the air intake near the grill, the other to the engine air intake.

Wow.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club