Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How change a headlight bulb on a fiesta 2001

fiesta_lad

Hi all just wondering how do u change a headlight bulb on a fiesta mk5 on a 51 plate. ive heared you have got to mess around takeing of the grill and takeing the whole headl light out i hope it not to much messing around just to change a simple bulb cheers alan.

If its remotly similar to my old Mk4 the RH side one can be done with the unit in place. The LH one (LH from the car's perspective, not someone looking at it) needs to be removed as you can't pop the cover off the back due to things in the way.

Removing the grill was a simple 'upwards pull' job, but the light unit itself needed a Torx drive (star-shaped) socket or screwdriver to remove it...which unless you have a resonably extensive tool kit, most people don't tend to have to hand - I happened to have bought some off eBay to take apart a deep-fat fryer....but thats another story.

If the Mk5 headlights are totally different to the Mk4 in terms of bulb access, appologies for just wasting your time.

If its remotly similar to my old Mk4 the RH side one can be done with the unit in place. The LH one (LH from the car's perspective, not someone looking at it) needs to be removed as you can't pop the cover off the back due to things in the way.

Removing the grill was a simple 'upwards pull' job, but the light unit itself needed a Torx drive (star-shaped) socket or screwdriver to remove it...which unless you have a resonably extensive tool kit, most people don't tend to have to hand - I happened to have bought some off ebay to take apart a deep-fat fryer....but thats another story.

If the Mk5 headlights are totally different to the Mk4 in terms of bulb access, appologies for just wasting your time.

Hi cheers for your reply ive got one of those torx screw driver set so basecally ive got to take the grill and the whole light off i knew it would'nt be a straight forward job lol. well ive got to do it because i can't drive around for any longer with one dim light and the other bright thank you anyway for your help.

If it's a 1.3 and you've got nimble fingers you can do the passengers side by getting your arm under the air box and intake ;)

Its on the drivers side and ive got sausage fingers :lol: i know the police can pull you for this does it carry a fine and points or just a fine.

Its on the drivers side and ive got sausage fingers :lol: i know the police can pull you for this does it carry a fine and points or just a fine.

Driver's side should be possible then - on my Mk4 1.25 there was almost nothing in the way behind the light on that side.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club