Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window (left side)

Ford_lover38

Hi all,

My front left electric window makes a very strange noise when I move it up or down. I have taken it to a ford dealer and they its not the motor thats got they believe its the regulator and they have quoted me £173 to open it up and fit a new one in. Is this a fair price? Also they did suggest if I paid £50 they could open the door and just oil the current regulator which could get the window to stop making that noise.

Do you think this is a fair price and I have tried to find a guide on how to take the door trim off but nothing for my 2009 Ford Focus model. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

for a dealer its not a bad price, but you could strip down the entire door card for the cost of a few clips, and lubricate it yourself.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the delay in my response, didnt get a email notification!

I've had a look online on how to take the door off to get to the window but cant find any advice on how to do it for my car. Dont suppose you know where I could find a guide on how to do this?

On 30/04/2016 at 0:02 PM, Ford_lover38 said:

I have tried to find a guide on how to take the door trim off

The Haynes manual (in Halfords or many other places) will have a reasonably good guide to this. Cost well under £20, could save you £30 for this job alone. I have used it for that job & many similar.

It is quite easy to get the door trims off, but there are a couple of little tricks about the fastenings that the book tells you about.