Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Candy Red Focus Titanium

chrisroberson99

3 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Another update...

Well it's been over 2 months since I passed my test and the Focus is now on 13,300 miles. Since then I've fitted a few little things like aluminium peddle covers and had the bonnet repaired (resprayed).

But yesterday was the biggest update so far, as I finally changed the wheels! :biggrin:

20161113_135617.jpg

20161113_135538.jpg

20161113_134915.jpg

Amazing what a difference they make! Really happy, and big thanks to @alexp999 for inspiration with his old 2012 Focus! :laugh: Just got to get some new tyres on the front as the Continentals are nearing the limit.

Happy days!

How do you fit the aluminium pedal covers? I'm looking to do this myself!

• Like 1

I like the wheels matey I'm after a set myself I got the money just burning a hole in my pocket I'm just waiting for a mint set to come up

• Like 1

Car looking great there, I love the colour too, that's the colour of mine. 😊

Another mod that looks good is the Nolden daytime driving lamps that fit in the triangles at the front. 

Very bright and adds a good stance to the front of the car. 

IMG_0055.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Looks great Chris!  You seem to have the "magic touch" when it comes to making cars look fantastic.  I can only imagine what you could do to an old MK1...  Not that I'm hinting or anything!! :wink:

Ha cheers Jamie! I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Yes I'd love to give your Focus a good clean, bit far to come for the afternoon though! :laugh:

2 hours ago, suddste said:

How do you fit the aluminium pedal covers? I'm looking to do this myself!

The accelerator pedal one just clips on and the other two just need the original covers unclipping and new ones clipping on.

1 hour ago, drsdriver said:

Car looking great there, I love the colour too, that's the colour of mine. 😊

Another mod that looks good is the Nolden daytime driving lamps that fit in the triangles at the front. 

Very bright and adds a good stance to the front of the car. 

IMG_0055.JPG

Thanks! Yeah it's the best colour by far :cool: and thanks I was looking at those! Maybe at some point.

On 13/11/2016 at 3:14 PM, chrisroberson99 said:

Another update...

Well it's been over 2 months since I passed my test and the Focus is now on 13,300 miles. Since then I've fitted a few little things like aluminium peddle covers and had the bonnet repaired (resprayed).

But yesterday was the biggest update so far, as I finally changed the wheels! :biggrin:

20161113_135617.jpg

20161113_135538.jpg

20161113_134915.jpg

Amazing what a difference they make! Really happy, and big thanks to @alexp999 for inspiration with his old 2012 Focus! :laugh: Just got to get some new tyres on the front as the Continentals are nearing the limit.

Happy days!

Alright mate how much u give for the wheels??I've just bought a set of eBay 375 including delivery the guy reckons they're off a 66 plate. Ur car looks loads better with the 17s I think the 16s on these cars are just a bit to small

13 hours ago, mikeyd1 said:

Alright mate how much u give for the wheels??I've just bought a set of ebay 375 including delivery the guy reckons they're off a 66 plate. Ur car looks loads better with the 17s I think the 16s on these cars are just a bit to small

£415 Inc delivery. Not too bad I thought and a massive reduction on what the seller was asking (they were ridiculously overpriced) and are in very good condition with only a few little marks here and there. I was specific that i wanted these and not the MK3.5 version to keep the originality of the car. :wink: The money i saved will go on two new tyres when it get round to it!

Yes you're right the 16" do look small, 17" are a good compromise between comfort and style I think!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

£415 Inc delivery. Not too bad I thought and a massive reduction on what the seller was asking (they were ridiculously overpriced) and are in very good condition with only a few little marks here and there. I was specific that i wanted these and not the MK3.5 version to keep the originality of the car. :wink: The money i saved will go on two new tyres when it get round to it!

Yes you're right the 16" do look small, 17" are a good compromise between comfort and style I think!

I thought they are the same as the 3.5 version. What's the difference?

There's a slight design difference;

MK3:

20161113_134915.thumb.jpg.4c814b91f3b4b1faf232212cd8c041fa.jpg

MK3.5

Screenshot_2016-11-15-11-07-26.png

Biased I know, but I prefer the MK3 version :tongue: plus they're a bit less common than the 3.5 ones as I believe they come with the Zetec with the appearance pack whereas the 3 version was really only on the TIT X.

• Like 1

Also Mk3 has luster nickel finish vs the mk3.5 standard silver.

I much prefer the older style I had on mine.

• Like 2

The 17s do fill out the arches better imo! :biggrin: 

I'm not a fan of split spokes personally though, mainly because they're a pain to clean lol.  If you haven't already, get some wheel sealant on them before winter sets in.

• Like 1

My eyes must be getting really old, thats like a hard game of spot the difference comparing the 2 pics! :wacko::laugh:

They are a nice addition though Chris. I need to get my backside in gear and sell my 18" Zetec S alloys and tyres, its just too cold and wet to swap them over at the minute.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Those are a breeze to clean compared to the ones I replaced.

What did you have before?  I've noticed the majority of modern alloys are a pain to clean.  Very rarely see some nice thick 5 spokes these days!  I hate having to clean the Titanium multispokes, can clean the entire body in the same time it takes to do the wheels, always miss bits as well. :unsure: 

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What did you have before?  I've noticed the majority of modern alloys are a pain to clean.  Very rarely see some nice thick 5 spokes these days!  I hate having to clean the Titanium multispokes, can clean the entire body in the same time it takes to do the wheels, always miss bits as well. :unsure: 

These:

They were 15 spoke and at the end of each spoke it flared out on each side, so it was more like 45 spoke! Hated them.

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

These:

They were 15 spoke and at the end of each spoke it flared out on each side, so it was more like 45 spoke! Hated them.

Ah yes, those are similar to mine lol!  20 spoke without enough space to get a hand in between them.  Urgh...  :laugh: 

Just now, Ben_L said:

Candy Red is a good colour. It looks stunning when its clean

IMG_6149.JPG

Ah now there's a set of alloys I'd have!! :biggrin:  Proper brakes on the back as well. :wink: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah now there's a set of alloys I'd have!! :biggrin:  Proper brakes on the back as well. :wink: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The 17s do fill out the arches better imo! :biggrin: 

I'm not a fan of split spokes personally though, mainly because they're a pain to clean lol.  If you haven't already, get some wheel sealant on them before winter sets in.

Thanks, yes they do! As Alex said, they're pretty easy to clean and a lot better than the original 16's which where were a pain! It easy very easy to miss little bits in the spokes and one of the reasons I didn't like them!

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, many wheels are very fiddly nowadays, I couldn't bare having to clean yours! I dislike doing wheels as it is! :laugh:

53 minutes ago, Ben_L said:

Candy Red is a good colour. It looks stunning when its clean

IMG_6149.JPG

Cheers, yes it's a stunning colour and when I decided on the Focus I knew I had to have a Candy Red one. My favourite wheels too!

50 minutes ago, Ben_L said:

They get kerbed so easily though 😔

One of the reasons I didn't go for them! Also having been a passenger in my mum's Alfa Mito with 18's, the ride is very hard and I thought it would be really noticeable going from the 16's. Im sure the Focus has softer suspension but didn't want to risk it! The 17's are a nice compromise I think. (Although had my car had 18's from the onset I would've been very happy!)

2 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

There's a slight design difference;

MK3:

20161113_134915.thumb.jpg.4c814b91f3b4b1faf232212cd8c041fa.jpg

MK3.5

Screenshot_2016-11-15-11-07-26.png

Biased I know, but I prefer the MK3 version :tongue: plus they're a bit less common than the 3.5 ones as I believe they come with the Zetec with the appearance pack whereas the 3 version was really only on the TIT X.

Ah I see now I never noticed that before.

The chrome indicator bulbs and LED sidelights make a nice subtle difference. I think i got osram cool blue ones side lights from amazon for not a massive price and they match up with osram nightbreaker headlight bulbs really well. Also some chrome 501 bulbs for the wing mirror indicators too 😎

***** nightmare fitting the fronts though

Just found picks of them 

IMG_5463.JPG

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

IMG_5466.JPG

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club