Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is cruise control available on 05 focus 1.6 tdci titanium?

jicjoc

Hi 

My next car is going to be very similiar to above but the car has to have cruise control.

Can anyone tell me what variants of focus has cruisecontrol from 05? I am looking at a titanium with half leather interior that is perfect but doenst have cruise.

Please dont laugh but would it be possible to add cruise control?

Thank you!

Yes, it is possible to retrofit the original Cruise Control system. To do this you need the following parts:

* Steering wheel with Cruise Control buttons (note that the C-max steering wheel looks identical but is technically different).

* Steering wheel airbag (only needed if the car currently has a 3-spoke steering wheel).

* GEM module/fuse box that supports Cruise Control.

Next to installing the parts the GEM module, instrument cluster and PCM needs to be reprogrammed. The easiest way to do this is by using a modified ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig program. A Ford dealer should also be able to do this using the Ford IDS diagnostic system but many of them do not have the knowledge to do this.

You don't actually need a new airbag, just a new airbag cover, the airbag itself is the same underneath. :smile: 

• Like 1

Or... You can do what I (and a few others) have done and get a modified stereo remote.

Have a look at this post on my build thread for more information.

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You don't actually need a new airbag, just a new airbag cover, the airbag itself is the same underneath. :smile: 

I thought separating the cover and the airbag was nigh on impossible without breaking it?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It is possible to change the cover but Ford does not supply these covers as a seperate part. The covers offered on eBay or AliExpress are produced by Chinese manufacturers. These are usually pretty good quality but not original. Next to this these covers usually cost about the same as an original mint condition 4-spoke steering wheel airbag.

I retrofitted Cruise Control on several Focus MK2/MK2.5 versions and the average price I paid for an original mint condition 4-spoke steering wheel airbag was about €40,-.

1 hour ago, Dee_82 said:

I thought separating the cover and the airbag was nigh on impossible without breaking it?

It is, you have to buy a new one from eBay or Ali.  But they look and feel identical to original and can be posted where airbags can't.  If you're lucky enough to find a wheel & airbag locally for collection that's great, but I wasn't. :smile: 

Posting an airbag can be done without any problems. I both received and posted several airbags by different mail companies without any problems. I even received airbags from an official Ford dealer by mail.

Hmm, they're classed as explosives and illegal to post in the UK with all of the normal companies.  There are one or two couriers that allow them to be posted but they charge a premium for it.

Thanks to you all guys appreciate it! I actually found Dan's thread about 2 mins after posting this so sorry for wasting your time lol

I actually have a galetto 1260 obdii programmer from my pug 406 coupe. It seems to support elm327 so maybe that will work for this? Anyone know?

No it won't work, the Galletto is only for remapping.  The modified ELM is only £15 or so though and well worth having and can be used with forscan as well as elmcofig, you'll never need a diagnostic check done at a garage again! :biggrin: 

mine was posted to me via royal mail, ive got a spare 3 spoke airbag cover and wheel if anyone wants them ;)

Ok great. Getting my 05 Focus on Wednesday hopefully. Any comment on things to look out for?

1.6 tdci titanium with 110k miles. Mot last month. Should have timing belt done right? Any other common things to look for? Should i get backround check or anything,?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club