Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ENGINE UPDATE

CHELSEA 11

Hi

Just an update on my car. About 4 weeks ago l was getting a knocking noise from my engine so sent it back to

dealer who took it to there garage. I thought it was tappets but not so so they said instead of stripping the engine

down they would put another engine in, so they did that they took it for a test drive but the engine they put in was worst

than the one they took out. So now what they are going to do is put another engine in hopefully everything is fine with

it. I only had the car for 2 months. It is a focus 1.6 zetec on a 10 plate.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of price is that going to work out to be with an engine swap?

Nothing mate still under warranty luckley

hand it back sounds like you've got a potential money pit it'll be a salvage engine with unknown mileage they should also be renewing the belts etc if the new one fails you'll be left with a shed and no warranty

• Like 1

Hi

The garage said that the engine they are putting in has done 40000 is there any way that l can check

the mileage from the engine number. And what papers should l ask for about the engine.

Many thanks

No you can only ask what warenty they will give on this unit, get it in writing showing your milage and how many miles they will fix it for. And what they will do if it fails.

they should be doing the timing belt and tensions they'll argue they don't need to but ide insist you also as said want a good warranty on the engine I personally would have got a refund on it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club