Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 125 Ecoboost mpg

Vendee

We picked up our second 1.0 125 Ecoboost Titanium yesterday. My Focus was getting old and needed replacing and as we had been happy with the Fiesta, we thought we would get another one. We picked the car up from Motorpoint in Peterborough and drove back to Norfolk, me in the new Fiesta and her in her original one. I drove very steadily within the speed limits, not wanting to lose the missus behind me. With her normal short trip, town driving, she doesn't get more than 39/40 mpg but I got 57 mpg on the way home from Peterborough which I was very impressed with. Admittedly, that was relying on the cars fuel computer and they are not always accurate but I'll do a proper brim to brim manual calculation later. What have other 1.0 125 owners managed........ best and worst?

town driving this time of year 40 mpg is about average. if it has an eco select button activating it can get an extra 1-2 mpg. be light footed and try to avoid using brakes using forward planning achives better results.

My Red Edition has the 125ps engine. Car tells me I'm getting 53mpg, my caculations are about 48mpg, with the eco button engaged. Mixed motorway and town driving. 

43mpg without trying, wife drives hers like a granny and gets 45

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

1 hour ago, opr said:

My Red Edition has the 125ps engine. Car tells me I'm getting 53mpg, my caculations are about 48mpg, with the eco button engaged. Mixed motorway and town driving. Re MPG. approx 43 winter/short urban runs. Approx 48 warm (!) summer months with flowing 'A' road/motorway use. Never saw 50 or 40. 

My Red Edition (end Sept '64) has 140PS. That was the only spec you could get for Red/Black editions. Are they now available now in 125PS as per 'standard' original Zetec S?

My red edition. The 140ps one does just under 40 with a lot of town and traffic miles so not too bad at all

The Red Edition has always been 140

There's an eco button? Is that not on the UK models or have I massively missed something?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Think they mean the start/stop button 

2 hours ago, Maltozo said:

My Red Edition (end Sept '64) has 140PS. That was the only spec you could get for Red/Black editions. Are they now available now in 125PS as per 'standard' original Zetec S?

The Irish market variant Red Edition only exists with a 125ps engine option. Eco mode button is not the start stop button, it's a more economical setting. Definitely gets me 10-12mpg more per tank. 

• Like 1

I have a 99bhp titanium x with 3000 miles on and after 4 weeks driving I am getting 32-34mpg. Coming from a 125bhp which I had for 2 years I was getting 41mpg. My driving is the same. I am thinking could this be a computer fault or does it need resetting, I know the car was not driven for 5 months before I got it but its sames 32-34 mpg on this engine is low. 

Power in PS is almost the same up to 100PS as Bhp....

Red and Black Edition Fiestas in Britain are 138 Bhp as are many non special edition examples lately, my Magnetic ZSE has the 140 Bhp motor which on the V5 is expressed as 103kW = 138.125Bhp.

• Like 1

I had a 125ps first for 2 days as a courtesy car. The drive from the dealer to my house is a mix of bendy countryside roads and a dual carriageway and normal roads. Unfortunately whilst on the country road section which is near 10 miles I was stuck behind a slow coach. Trip computer registered 55mpg average. !Removed! he'll I thought that's good. Anyway come dual carriageway I booted the car as I wanted to know how it went. It went very well. Anyway got home and average mpg was 43.

The car hovered around the 44 mark upon its return to the dealer. Cracking car.

Oh. My 1.6 diesel 14 plate focus on the way home showed on the country road part again stuck behind a slow coach 72 mpg. At home it was down to 62 mpg.

But the handling of the diesel v the petrol is chalk and cheese...

Then there's the noise....😝

What's this Eco button ? 

I picked up a titanium 125 on thursday. I'm actually getting better mpg than in my old 1.6 tdci...

I've been getting:

Town driving - 35-45mpg.

Crusing at 60 - ~50mpg

Got about 400 miles on the first tank.  Of course if you rag it to 60 in second every time you'll not get much, though it's good fun on occasion on a clear road! The 'instant mpg' was showing 7mpg (lol) 

Rock solid 36.2 mpg with mine. Short trips, start/stop disabled, I don't pootle about the place.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, opr said:

The Irish market variant Red Edition only exists with a 125ps engine option. Eco mode button is not the start stop button, it's a more economical setting. Definitely gets me 10-12mpg more per tank. 

Many thanks for that. Good to know.

• Like 1

The button is good for town driving  and motorway cruising. But can feel a little underpowered when you want a bit of fun on a twisty b road. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club