Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 focus stereo/sat nav

Andypower

I'm getting a mk3 in a week so thought I'd start a few threads so I can get cracking with modding it when it arrives.

do the stereos in other mk3 focus's plug and play with each other.

i dont have sat nav with it being a Zetec s but can I retro fit it?    What size Speakers are in the mk3 

thanks

I believe they are VIN locked rather than needing a security code so most likely need programming to the car via a dealer or someone with compatible software.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hi Andy. Unfortunately the headunits in the mk3 are not plug and play interchangeable. It can be done but it's complicated needing canbus changes and more. There is someone on here that's done it so I suggest look for that post.

The speaker size is 6.5" front and back.

Seems someone on here has just done it with relative ease. Have asked how it was done.

15 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Seems someone on here has just done it with relative ease. Have asked how it was done.

If you're just simply swapping the headunit with another without the sat nav it's easy, it gets complicated when you swap from a non sat nav to a sat nav, personally I plan to go aftermarket with a new fascia and an Alpine system.

Yeah thanks for the reply.   I'm going to be getting an aftermarket one with new fascia panel.   Can't remember name of the company off the top of my head but I've seen a place who will fit a full stereo with the sat nav and reversing camera for android for around 600.

BiT steep i know but pay cheap pay twice in my opinion.

I could get a Chinese one but don't fancy it just in case things don't work 

On 05/01/2016 at 6:33 PM, Stoney871 said:

I believe they are VIN locked rather than needing a security code so most likely need programming to the car via a dealer or someone with compatible software.

Sent from my SM-G930F

They are not VIN locked but you do need to match the generation of hardware. AFAIK there has been three generations for the mk3 focus. Pre sync (BT module), Sync and Sync 2.

• Like 1

£600 isn't too bad when you consider that to fit the updated Ford navigation APIM is about the same cost.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 10 months later...
On 5/2/2016 at 7:23 PM, alexp999 said:

They are not VIN locked but you do need to match the generation of hardware. AFAIK there has been three generations for the mk3 focus. Pre sync (BT module), Sync and Sync 2.

@alexp999 Sorry to bring up an old thread but have you got anymore info on the versions of the hardware? My pre-sync screen failed and I simply can't find the screen with the right serial number so I've had now bought a sync AHU and screen from a 2014 titanium X (same as mine but it's 2011) but bluetooth calls don't show up on the screen and bluetooth streaming and USB doesn't work at all. Trying to find out how to get the module to link to the new system.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club