Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding bluetooth and rear parking sensors. help needed!

jamesmajin

Hi guys,

This is my first post on here so go easy!

I've just bought a 2013 fiesta ecoboost zetec and there are 2 things i'd like to do. 

Firstly i would like to add bluetooth capability so that i can stream music from my phone and take calls etc. Presumably the best way to do this would be to change the stereo to a bluetooth one? In which case how would i go about doing this and what is a good stereo to buy? It is no good just buying a bluetooth dongle thing either like the one belkin make that plugs in via auxilliary as i would still like to plug my ipod in via the aux sometimes. I've seen various touchscreen upgrades you can get online with bluetooth features that would supposedly replace the display but iv got no idea if theyre any good or not or whether i just need a more simple stereo with bluetooth built in. 

Secondly, i'd like to install rear parking sensors. I understand my options are to get them done by ford (though this is quite expensive) or to buy my own and get them fitted. If i go down the latter route, are they any good and does anyone have any recommendations of a good make or model or anything? Also if i buy my own and get them installed is this likely to affect the warranty or value of the car when i eventually sell it? (likewise with a new stereo?)

Sorry for the many many questions but this is my first car and i'm a complete amateur. I appreciate the subject has probably been discussed numerous times before but if someone could help me out i'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance

James

zetec fiesta 2013 should have bluetooth already. well most of them do.

53 minutes ago, iantt said:

zetec fiesta 2013 should have bluetooth already. well most of them do.

i saw another thread about this and the consensus was that it doesnt so im not sure.  I cant check until i actually collect the car in a few days.

Any advice on stereos or parking sensors?

Cheers

just checked 4 cars on autotrader and 3 had bluetooth and 1 didnt, so i would wait and see what you have got.

as for parking sensors, i can only comment and recomend xvision sensors that ford fit, fitted lots of them and rarley have any failures.

can pick them up on eBay quite often aroung £40-£50 and often marked up as vauxhall sensors( same sensors with a sticker on the box)

sure some other members can advise on different makes.

I got myself an Eonon android headunit with Reverse camera. It's got all the functionality of the standard unit including bluetooth and it has Spotify and Netflix! Best £300 I've ever spent, and it looks factory fitted. Even my local ford garage were impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2016 at 0:07 AM, iantt said:

just checked 4 cars on autotrader and 3 had bluetooth and 1 didnt, so i would wait and see what you have got.

as for parking sensors, i can only comment and recomend xvision sensors that ford fit, fitted lots of them and rarley have any failures.

can pick them up on ebay quite often aroung £40-£50 and often marked up as vauxhall sensors( same sensors with a sticker on the box)

sure some other members can advise on different makes.

is there much difference between the xvision ones and the cheap 15 quid cisbo ones which seem to have good reviews?

my car came with bluetooth in the end :)

cheers

thought it would have bluetooth, seen a few on here mention cisbo sensors , should imagine they all do the same thing in the end,

as my prevoius post i can only comment on xvision . not fitted any other type.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club