Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con auto turn on

Jonanstee

My air con automatically turns on when i turn the car on? Is this meant to happen? Any idea how to stop it happening?

It turns on automatically if

A:. Your direction is set to windscreen or any other 

B: your fan is on

• Like 1

Anyway to stop it doing that?

Don't think so I just turn mine of when I put the fan on. If your temperature is set to warm it won't blow cold air it just helps with the de misting  of the interior 

• Like 1

turn the knob off of the windscreen to feet and it'll stop coming on though you should use it all year round

• 3 weeks later...

The dealer told me that the air con needs to run at least once a week to prevent the seals in the air con unit from perishing. It also helps with the pollen filter I believe.

As far as I have figured out, the air con may say its on, but will only work if the cabin temp is above the set point. 

• Like 1

The dealer told me that the air con needs to run at least once a week to prevent the seals in the air con unit from perishing. It also helps with the pollen filter I believe.

As far as I have figured out, the air con may say its on, but will only work if the cabin temp is above the set point. 

The aircon doesn't just reduce the temperature though, it also controls/adapts the humidity of the air so surely regardless of temp it should run, and just increase the amount of heat pumped out of the vents

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club