Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Sunglasses holder fitted into the Fiesta!

Ian Lanc

Has any of you guys done this nice little mod' to hold sunglasses ?

I did this about two years ago and looks pretty well neat, not the simplest mod' as you have to cut the head lining bigger and chop up the old original Fiesta light surround and then fit the Mondeo light surround which has the opening/closing hatch, the Mondeo light surround fits the contour of the Fiesta's head lining perfectly.

Can put up a few photo's of mine if any interest is shown! or is this just a similar thread of dozens being done ?

• Like 2

I've seen pictures that I think you might have posted a couple of days ago in another thread of this mod. Its actually a mod I've wanted to do ever before my car was delivered. I sourced the piece from a breakers yard here a couple of months ago for €10 but I cannot bring myself to chop up the interior of my 3 week old car yet :laugh: How long did it take you to do?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2016 at 9:00 AM, Ian Lanc said:

Has any of you guys done this nice little mod' to hold sunglasses ?

I did this about two years ago and looks pretty well neat, not the simplest mod' as you have to cut the head lining bigger and chop up the old original Fiesta light surround and then fit the Mondeo light surround which has the opening/closing hatch, the Mondeo light surround fits the contour of the Fiesta's head lining perfectly.

What version of the Mondeo was this from?  Thanks

On 08/05/2016 at 11:07 PM, opr said:

I've seen pictures that I think you might have posted a couple of days ago in another thread of this mod. Its actually a mod I've wanted to do ever before my car was delivered. I sourced the piece from a breakers yard here a couple of months ago for €10 but I cannot bring myself to chop up the interior of my 3 week old car yet :laugh: How long did it take you to do?

Sorry for the late reply, strangely I thought this post had gone and deleted itself!

Took me about two hours to fit it, cutting of the head lining has to be accurate and wouldn't advise using a Stanley knife to do the cutting but use a smaller craft as used in model making, it's not that hard but it does scare the mind as you start the cutting, any slip and the head lining is ruined! Last year I took my car too Ford for its MOT and the MOT guy asked me about the sunglasses holder and was this an optional extra on the titanium! He'd never seen one in the fiesta and said it looked well smart and surprised a Mondeo part fits in the fiesta....loll

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

What version of the Mondeo was this from?  Thanks

What version ? Now that's a good question! Thinking about it I reckon it's out a MKIII Mondeo.

The new Fiesta light surround will fit in the Mondeo hole as will the sound module for the hand free set up.

• Like 1

This is what the Mondeo surround look like fitted into the Fiesta head lining.

Half of the plastic surround fits into the hole but being that it's longer you've got to cut some of the head lining out, masking tape is used as a guide to where the cuts need to go, also the front mounting inside the Mondeo plastic surround is different to the Fiesta, so you've got to neatly chop out both surrounds and swap them over, it's not for the faint hearted but with patience you'll have a great looking mod that isn't in many Fiesta's.

001.thumb.JPG.73c62002f81b952a312031bb6562c14e.JPG

003.thumb.JPG.02e1be8806f00439d1abb7c8f4f95e87.JPG

002.thumb.JPG.6dc498cf18680cc218d6cd140c6805b8.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks - great update.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Thanks - great update.

First showed this on a FB page and was asked about the gaping hole were the sunglasses fit! There's is no hole!.. well there is but there's a black plastic box with black foam padding which is clipped behind the surround, I only paid £10 from a scrapyard as you need to be sure everything is there and not marked.

If you wanted one from lets say eBay, then get one which has the black box ...This one is NO GOOD as it's NOT got that box.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mondeo-Mk3-Interior-Light-and-Surround-/262531114406?hash=item3d2012e5a6:g:2sYAAOSwciVXQbPQ

You need to find one with the black box is still attached, you'll see it in the 'other' pictures.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-INTERIOR-LIGHT-SUNGLASSES-HOLDER/131712791796?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37475%26meid%3Df020c612cf494f43839f810c8f964ff7%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D381711757019

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 8/2/2016 at 9:21 PM, Ian Lanc said:

First showed this on a FB page and was asked about the gaping hole were the sunglasses fit! There's is no hole!.. well there is but there's a black plastic box with black foam padding which is clipped behind the surround, I only paid £10 from a scrapyard as you need to be sure everything is there and not marked.

If you wanted one from lets say ebay, then get one which has the black box ...This one is NO GOOD as it's NOT got that box.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mondeo-Mk3-Interior-Light-and-Surround-/262531114406?hash=item3d2012e5a6:g:2sYAAOSwciVXQbPQ

You need to find one with the black box is still attached, you'll see it in the 'other' pictures.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-INTERIOR-LIGHT-SUNGLASSES-HOLDER/131712791796?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37475%26meid%3Df020c612cf494f43839f810c8f964ff7%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D381711757019

Does the surround need this black box to clip into or can you make it work without the box? There might be a hole then but I can make something to fix that as I can't find any with the black box included...

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 10:49 AM, RichardL said:

Does the surround need this black box to clip into or can you make it work without the box? There might be a hole then but I can make something to fix that as I can't find any with the black box included...

Sorry for the late reply! Yes you need this black surround, if you don't have it you can see the steel roof top & the aerial location.

Don't buy the surround without the black box, it'll look a mess if you don't get it.

Another point to think about is you have to neatly cut the parts off the mounting points on the original fiesta plastic surround, then cut/remove the plastic mounting points off the mondeo, then accurately fit the fiesta mounting point into the mondeo surround, it's not hard but looks daunting at first, but once you get your head around how it goes, its easy, I glued up the cut plastic parts with 'Plastic Weld' this is used to repair plastic parts on cars, it's not a glue, it melts the plastic, then when it cures the welded joint is just as strong as the original plastic. 

Ask this seller if the back is supplied ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144327378262?hash=item219a950556:g:qJ8AAOSwABxf~xeP&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsC81GQ3ZFIeDLVv2iw7QxYkaXTIy3R96Y%2FW0r%2BhqHyTi9NScYFYL4PB%2FOjiSrpD1wJLbQ%2Fmu3nB4nfBRZfBrLNVeZFqSBgkcu8I39VEk7vakYmtlKj2Wdl7syIeYoy%2BKH5T1M8MNwCkzM502Ukrt4Ka5n37mzQjzlvG5CUFgP8RswvWXgrjJ3j7ovz8gX5PDkGW4S8GrALb%2FrsOSLHpHEL7fCVvTknkEqu9KGr9ULLa6|tkp%3ABk9SR8aN_5f2YA

The black box clips onto the four points as indicated in this eBay pic..

s-l1600 (4).jpg

On 9/11/2022 at 10:49 AM, RichardL said:

Does the surround need this black box to clip into or can you make it work without the box? 

You know I can't work it out why eBay scrap yards are removing the black box/rear part, it's part of the light fitting, so why remove it ? 🤨

Another problem is make sure the whole part is in excellent condition, every one knows what scrap yards are like and they don't give a damn, so if you find one ensure its not marked.

Here's one with the back in place .....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224123872865?hash=item342ed2e661:g:HrAAAOSwbGdfPUGd&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsLAaFRHsh07gf8UXuzb4injpEp2Hlm84YRIs1%2Bj0a0TeO%2Fuv7tCVAGoeFTsOzpsYDCSy1jJpcK%2FdizhS7MJYhx2CrNDaPmkJKQd5IdDOp65suqDX4FDX%2B2OZUYfYePuErtV0S9RSuYnwEdPgPE3Z%2FryLr%2FlQGVpAE0PbWTSzhYt8jlQ5Pi2th61dtZtovGYA7M44Amw12WpIb%2Ft3%2FQ1LouhRIQ3hgXjZt7uY3Cnr4kcc|tkp%3ABk9SR9yN_5f2YA

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club