Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch gone after 34k miles

John Naughton

Bought my Fiesta Zetec 1.25  2012 (registered in Feb 2016) in October 2015 from main dealer with 29k miles with 3 month warranty. 6 months later and 5000 additional miles on the clock I'm told the clutch is going. Problems getting car into 5th and no power in higher gear.         Naturally annoyed that clutch has gone after only 34k miles. I would be interested to know if anyone else has suffered similar problems. Also and whilst I know I'm clutching at Straws is it wort contacting Ford Customer Relations (I'm sure they'll use the wear and tear excuse). Thanks

A clutch will only last with however it is treated, the previous owner may have about killed it prior to you buying it. Ford will unlikely be interested as it is classed as a consumable item unless the garage can prove it was a manufacturing defect issue.

• Like 1

Wear and tear.

• Like 1

We test drove a car once which had about 15k on it and the clutch needed replacing. Previous owners were elderly and clearly had been riding the clutch.

Unless it is a very low amount of miles, it will always be deemed wear and tear unless you can prove otherwise.

• Like 1

It's just poor driving I'm afraid.  Makes me feel sick though that anybody can treat a car so badly!  Our 2000 Ford Focus had the original clutch until it went off the road at 190,000 miles, and our Nissan Primera (a taxi) kept its original until 170,000 miles. 

Some people should accept the fact they can't handle a clutch and go for an automatic!!

• Like 1

I doubt you'd get anywhere to be honest. Sounds like bad luck to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

a lot of people ride the clutch:sad:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dezwez said:

a lot of people ride the clutch:sad:

I know, and I don't understand why.  Choosing the right gear for your speed makes for a much smoother drive than letting the clutch slip. 

A lot of people use them as a foot rest too :(

20 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

A lot of people use them as a foot rest too :(

Indeed they do.  Not entirely sure why, as (for me anyway) the clutch is not in a comfortable position to rest your foot.  But, I've given up trying to understand people's logic behind things.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club