Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune - Ford Finance

TonyEssex

Warning to anyone getting mountune for their fiesta and have taken finance with ford.

The upgrade invalidates the finance deal, and I was advised you are not allowed to have the upgrade

That has come direct from Ford Credit head office

:( :( :(

Warning to anyone getting mountune for their fiesta and have taken finance with ford.

The upgrade invalidates the finance deal, and I was advised you are not allowed to have the upgrade

That has come direct from Ford Credit head office

:( :( :(

Really? I thought the Montune was now actually a model, rather than just an "upgrade"?

I guess this makes sense - well, for those on Options rather than Acquire.

The upgrade will affect the final value of the car at the end of the Options term, and the majority of Options customers give their cars back and take a new Ford at the end of the term I believe. I can understand why Ford wouldn't want to take back a car that had been Mountune fitted, and was more likely to have been thrashed to within an inch of its life.

Suddenly the idea of getting rid of the Fiesta and getting a Focus ST or RS is much more appealing - I was seriously considering the upgrade.

that is exactly my plan at the end of my 3 years.

i may change little bits but im not allowed anything major so il just upgrade at the end

think thats what i will do then and trade this one in for a fiesta rs when it comes out :P

hmm i was planning on doing the same,i asked the question though before the upgrade was done because i am on options,i was told that there shoudnt be a problem because its classed as a ford accessory!

i didnt think it would be a problem either and i want the upgrade, thought it would add value to the car, but guess they think otherwise :(

i didnt think it would add value or loose value but i am worried now! might have to use another finance to pay options off when i chop it in :( noticed dave@mountune was reading this thread,you must be right because he hasnt chirped in

strange that nothing was ever mentioned when i had my mountune done by my local ford dealer.They were saying on how much value it will add mind u i aint got much on ford finance paid mostly cash for my car but still thought they should of said some thing.mind you they did say that when they tried to do it on final payment that it would not except the mountune price.

The dealer probably did not know. As we have had nothing from Ford Credit saying that the Mountune kit invalidates the finance. It would make sence but they mentioned nothing to the dealerships on a notice. Just rang dealer services at Ford Credit they had no idea so had to ring the zone manager and she was not sure lol. So we going to look into this. She said if the mountune kit keeps the warrenty valid she sees no issue but thats with just the engine upgrade if u do the exterior upgrade alloys wing mirrors etc that may invalidate it.

Its all abit vauge at moment but 1 thing is certain everyone at ford credit who i spoke to are unsure on this so I will look into it further and let you know

thanks i just got told that it invalidates the ford options finance if that helps

oops ive had it done :unsure:

opps to me too :/ dont think it matters if youre going ot pay the car off or does it ?

Hi guys,

I'm seeking clarification from the top on this one to put all your mind's at rest - that's why I hadn't posted as I wanted to come on with the accurate info for you all to use... just waiting to catch the right person at Ford.

It's a product that's developed in conjunction with Ford, that won't invalidate your warranty, and is a Ford supplier branded accessory so I think you've been ill-informed.

I'm not too sure how it will affect MGFV - that's also something we're asking clarification over. As soon as I have the facts for you, I'll post them up.

Fantastic Dave - thanks for getting involved.

If you can clear this up then I'll be on the blower to you guys pronto - I haven't seen a Mountune equipped Titanium yet, have you done many?

Well I am going to wait then and see if I can come up with the money to do this once I have completed the options part of my finance as going to be buying out the MGFV with a loan anyway . .

Dave@Mountune - have you done a squeeze one yet?

Hi Dan,

Yes we've done quite a few Titanium's now, more Zetec-S though definitely.

AFAIK no squeeze yet actually! You could be the first...

thanks dave for your concern i bet when you were reading this thread you could see potential clients running a mile :lol: i apologize about you not "chirping in" but this has been niggling in the back of my mind for awhile

I would like to add before I had the Moutune upgrade I went back to the Fords saleswomen who sold me my car 4 months previous, and asked if it was ok to do this - she said it was 100% fine to go ahead and that it did not affect my finance plan one bit.

I dont agree about the car being thrashed so Fords wouldnt want it back, I never thrash my car its my baby :o :o

Hi Dan,

Yes we've done quite a few Titanium's now, more Zetec-S though definitely.

AFAIK no squeeze yet actually! You could be the first...

Oh this is so tempting - wonder how I can convince the OH that I need to spend another £1,500 or so on the car when I initially only went into the showroom to order a 1.4 Zetec . . . .

id like this resolved as i want the kit, and one ford dealership are saying you cant do it, another say there is no issue.

:angry:

id like this resolved as i want the kit, and one ford dealership are saying you cant do it, another say there is no issue.

:angry:

Tony what garage did you buy your car from? Pic looks like it could be rates in grays, thats where i bought my car, i was telling the guy i bought my car from that i wanted mountune and he was looking it all up for me and he never said anything about it stopping my finance agreement, and he recently had a mountune focus st for a trade in and the guy got offered a little bit more money due to spending the extra money on the upgrade, im not saying you will get all your money for the upgrade back but they paid a little extra. Ive since spoke to my salesman and he has seen that i did go ahead with the Mountune kit and he never mentioned anything about my finance agreement then either. Hope you get this resolved soon.

yes thats right rates at grays, but the finance guy there said it was not their decision but the decision made by ford credit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club