Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cat D Fiesta Zetec S, whats it worth?

hatethisbit

I am in possession of a 2011 Fiesta Zetec S that i am considering selling for something a bit more grown up. The car has done 23,000 miles and is in good condition apart from a scratch on the passenger down which goes down to the metal, a small patch of the top layer of paint is also missing near this scratch, and the passenger window only going down half way. To my knowledge this damage occured in the accident that caused the car to become written off. A check online has shown comparable cars sell for around £6000/6500 but a dealer recently told me he would only give me £4500 for it. Is the dealer trying to screw me over or is the car really worth so little?

Chris

Unfortunately adding write off status to a car really does lower it's value considerably, I wouldn't buy one even on a Cat D expect to break for parts, having seen how little or how much damage can get passed on a cat D.

Were the comparable cars you checked also cat D?  Because £4.5k for a trade in on that sounds pretty good to me, I know Fiesta's are holding value quite well though.

Yeah the comparable ones were cat D, other fiestas with similar age and mileage that hadnt been in an accident are going for 7+ so 4.5 is pretty disappointing for (mostly) cosmetic damage

I just got a 60 plate Fiesta ZS with full leather, push start, sensors, folding mirrors, metallic paint and fsh with 58k for under £5k.

I think I lucked in there but I nearly bought a cat d 11 plate with 34k for the same money without any of the toys. The repair wasn't perfect, the tyres were rubbish and Inwould have had a job shifting it.