Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question regarding snorkel delete on the Mk2.5

djsubtronic

Hi guys, am I correct in assuming the snorkel is the entire kinda V shaped plastic assembly directly behind the top grille? And it's removal involved taking the whole thing out from the rubber tube sticking out the front of the airbox? 

Thanks 

yup , pretty much.

make sure to put it in the recycling wheelie bin when youre done ripping it out , it can then be reborne into something useful like a milk carton.

:-)

1 minute ago, biff55 said:

yup , pretty much.

make sure to put it in the recycling wheelie bin when youre done ripping it out , it can be reborne into something useful like a milk carton.

:-)

Haha thanks. I'm not ready to throw it away, it will remain in my boot - just in case I decide to put it back :)

Just now, djsubtronic said:

just in case I decide to put it back :)

you wont.

;-D

What is the advantage in removing the 'snorkel'?

More power on a 1.6? I could do with that!!

Well I took it off but I can't say I notice any difference. It could be as I have a K&N filter so the growling was already there, but I was hoping for better throttle response and not sure if I can feel it.

Thanks for the info

you guys must be doing something wrong ?

removing the snorkel on my 1.6 estate turned it into a snarling buggatti veyron slaying machine !!

:-D

seriously though , the change in engine noise and throttle response is only a very subtle difference , but was still noticable though when i did it last year.

at the very least youre lightening the car by removing some plastic tat that ford fitted to stop global warming or some other such crap  :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club