Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Repair question for door hinge area

Athique

So my car took a knock recently on the passenger side and the lower door hinge has been pushed into the body of the car i.e. the frame of the car has gone inwards under the pressure. I've attached a picture of the drivers side for reference but where the lower hinge sits it's no longer flat like in the picture. The rest of the surrounding frame is fine...just that one area has sort of caved under the pressure of the hinge when it got it.

My question is since its the cars frame itself that is dented how much would a repair like that cost? Is it super expensive?

Thanks!

20160504_185551.jpg

it wont be cheap its a reinforced area so pulling the dent out possibly rewelding then flattening it back priming painting try a few body shop

A piccy of the damaged side would be good

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! Got a picture of the damages side. Trying to think about how to go about getting this in for repairs at the moment.

Can't open the door any further

20160514_162324.jpg.cb6382c5a4b99095283c129bff11a5e6.jpg

Where in London are you? I got some pretty nasty damage sorted for a very good price by a guy near me (Enfield) last year... I can give you his number if you're interested.

Hi Dan,

Yeah sure that would be great! What kind of damage did you have?

I'm in Beckton, East London. The car isn't drivable like this so I'd have to get it transported anyway so Enfield wouldn't be a problem.

Have a look at the photos in my build thread on these two posts: damage and repair.

I didn't get the paint matched as I was getting a vinyl wrap. I'll PM you with the guy's details.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club