Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ethernet cable fix/joiner.

jace1969

I have a Ethernet coming upstairs but the little clip has snapped,its a good cable but  MASSIVE job to put a new one in as it goes through the wall.

Is there an easy fix to the clip or a good joiner i can add (1 in and 2 out) then i can tape the broken one in to the joiner with 2 out.

Tried one joiner and it was no good as no connection,i need a dam good one being im using 200meg connection.

• Like 1

You can just wire a new plug on. You'll need the RJ45 crimping tool to do it though.

• Like 4

What Alex said, you can stick a new pluggy doodah on the end of it.

6 hours ago, alexp999 said:

You can just wire a new plug on. You'll need the RJ45 crimping tool to do it though.

Lol,me wire a plug,ok house plugs is about far i can go.

Joiner is the easy option as i need it for 2 items (tv and laptop) thats getting it through a dam wall.

Solved it,taken cable from another room as only one room upstairs that i get very low wifi.

Broken one i stuck a match stick in it to make the contact and take,works great.

• Like 1

A new connector is a surprisingly easy fix but by the time you buy a plug, crimp tool..

you could always try a Facebook group in your area where you could try find anyone in IT or an electrician etc who could do it for you. 

Guessing you are no where near me lol. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stef123 said:

A new connector is a surprisingly easy fix but by the time you buy a plug, crimp tool..

you could always try a Facebook group in your area where you could try find anyone in IT or an electrician etc who could do it for you. 

I will try anything once but to snip it then try and do it and all goes wrong its cable out as a splitter would solve it and yes a bit far away.

See its for upstairs as one room is bad for wifi so i put a cable in just if i need it but now i have a smart t.v i needed 2.

The hole was in the wall for years and all done nice and neat so just taken the cable from the other room so i have the broken one

and good one,broken one in back of t.v (with the tape mod ) as it is never moved and good one for laptop with the clip.

While on the subject of Laptops and stuff is the MSi a good make in a laptop,i had a HP i7 a year or so ago but i have around £700 for a good  one.

I seen a good deal but never had a good look into it and might be i7 but missed a lot of things from it like the good NIC card.

The HP has the AC WiFi but nic card is not the GBE so only 10/100 and i need 10/100/1000 with the AC and good speed processor and stuff.

I had an MSI gaming laptop and it was excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Just now, Stoney871 said:

I had an MSI gaming laptop and it was excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Here is the link of just one of them,aint that up on the processor numbers like i7 i know but the number/letter dont mean a lot.

Its got the top ethernet and AC WIFI so 2 boxes ticked. http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/msi-gl62-6qd-15-6-gaming-laptop-black-10142712-pdt.html

• Like 1

So far the cable is ok but instead of doing yet another topic as i have done a few as im sorting things out and updating some stuff.

Best make in laptop with AC WiFi and 1000 Ethernet and i7.

So far i have 3..........Asus...........MSi.............Dell......with min 15.6 screen.

On Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 8:02 AM, alexp999 said:

On Thursday, May 05, 2016 at 6:29 PM, stef123 said:

I know this thread has been solved but I'd like to document for other potential readers that there are new RJ45 sockets available on the market; which don't require the use of specific tooling; I've bought three myself recently to protect long run CAT7 cables from potential damage.

Fit sockets then use short length cables to connect as there cheaper to replace than the long one.

Anyway here's link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321931573990 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club