Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 front modification

liampatrick

Hi,

I have been thinking about spraying the upper/lower front grilles, and the fog light surrounds on my Fiesta (or getting someone else to do it!) Just taken a pic off Google images, but my Fiesta is Panther Black also, and will soon have a chrome grille as on the pic. Instead of just colour coding the plastics (I think that'd be a bit much/boring), I thought black gloss would be a nice subtle contrast, and look quite smart? Anyone got any thoughts, or done something similar? Or totally different!

Liam

ford_fiesta_1_6_ghia_5dr_auto_2920103454792888706.jpg

See, now I'm thinking satin black? 

You're thinking of spraying your grills to a black colour? If you want to do it, I would say go ahead. Quite a few enthusiasts have done the same, so it is NOT one of those mods you may regret in the future.

If you want to go extreme, you could replace your entire front bumper, grilles and fog surrounds with the Mk6 ST front bumper, ST grills (top and bottom) as well as ST fog surrounds. On the Mk6 the ST and Zetec S share the same design, so you can use either of those bumpers. Both the ST and ZS bumper (front and rear) are straight swap and screw in. The rear boot lip/spoiler from an ST will NOT fit a 5-door Fiesta however; if you have a 3-door, again it should be a straight swap although I can't confirm the spoiler ATM.

The latter is of course an expensive mod, but I thought I'd mention it if you're looking for extensive mods.

All the best. :)

5 hours ago, liampatrick said:

Hi,

I have been thinking about spraying the upper/lower front grilles, and the fog light surrounds on my Fiesta (or getting someone else to do it!) Just taken a pic off Google images, but my Fiesta is Panther Black also, and will soon have a chrome grille as on the pic. Instead of just colour coding the plastics (I think that'd be a bit much/boring), I thought black gloss would be a nice subtle contrast, and look quite smart? Anyone got any thoughts, or done something similar? Or totally different!

Liam

ford_fiesta_1_6_ghia_5dr_auto_2920103454792888706.jpg

I have done my grills fog lights area etc back on boot basically all ugly grey plastics just use masking tape what you find difficult to take off and spray with gloss black see my results pictures below its so easy dont pay someone to do it you can do it your self just dont rush it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Obnoxious said:

You're thinking of spraying your grills to a black colour? If you want to do it, I would say go ahead. Quite a few enthusiasts have done the same, so it is NOT one of those mods you may regret in the future.

If you want to go extreme, you could replace your entire front bumper, grilles and fog surrounds with the Mk6 ST front bumper, ST grills (top and bottom) as well as ST fog surrounds. On the Mk6 the ST and Zetec S share the same design, so you can use either of those bumpers. Both the ST and ZS bumper (front and rear) are straight swap and screw in. The rear boot lip/spoiler from an ST will NOT fit a 5-door Fiesta however; if you have a 3-door, again it should be a straight swap although I can't confirm the spoiler ATM.

The latter is of course an expensive mod, but I thought I'd mention it if you're looking for extensive mods.

All the best. :)

I think I'd love the ST/Zetec S bumpers, especially the front one (I think at the rear the square-ish reflectors don't really fit in with the rest of the facelift imo), but at the moment time and money may mean I need to do a simpler modification haha

15 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

I have done my grills fog lights area etc back on boot basically all ugly grey plastics just use masking tape what you find difficult to take off and spray with gloss black see my results pictures below its so easy dont pay someone to do it you can do it your self just dont rush it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This looks great!!! I think my concern was that with the car being black, that if I gloss black the grilles/fog light surrounds it may look a bit similar - almost like I've tried to colour code them, but not very well...if you know what I mean? For example if it the Fiesta was white/silver etc, then gloss black would really stand out as something different. Do you find on yours that the gloss black plastics look different enough to the rest of the car colour? I don't think I would just colour code them, as that'd look a bit naff, but matt/satin could be an option I suppose. I wish I could get the silver fog light surround rings on a non Zetec S/ST front bumper! 

7 hours ago, liampatrick said:

I think I'd love the ST/Zetec S bumpers, especially the front one (I think at the rear the square-ish reflectors don't really fit in with the rest of the facelift imo), but at the moment time and money may mean I need to do a simpler modification haha

This looks great!!! I think my concern was that with the car being black, that if I gloss black the grilles/fog light surrounds it may look a bit similar - almost like I've tried to colour code them, but not very well...if you know what I mean? For example if it the Fiesta was white/silver etc, then gloss black would really stand out as something different. Do you find on yours that the gloss black plastics look different enough to the rest of the car colour? I don't think I would just colour code them, as that'd look a bit naff, but matt/satin could be an option I suppose. I wish I could get the silver fog light surround rings on a non Zetec S/ST front bumper! 

No it looks the same as car colour that is what I wanted