Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST

Tom1994

Kinda new to the forums, joined a couple years ago asking a few questions but have recently "seen the light" as my friends keep on saying.  So, my new car is a 2013 Focus ST in Tangerine Scream, completely standard for now, although I am weighing up the pros & cons of a Mountune kit, or something similar.  Anyone give any advice on getting one? Is the Mountune kit worth it, or are other alternatives better? Is it worth it at all?

I hail from Chesterfield, North Derbyshire, 21 years old, so if you see me around give me a flash!

Hi and welcome.

If you are in warranty and want a performance upgrade, the MP275 kit is the only warranty friendly upgrade. If out of warranty then it is up to you.

The mountune kit is a lot of money, but you do get the hardware to back up the power increase.

There are too many little things I don't like about the MP275 package , so for me personally, I'm keeping it stock in terms of power, but I have just ordered the mountune exhaust as I want a little bit more of a growl and it's warranty friendly :D

As for other things to do then I'd suggest LED puddle lights and if it was me, I'd get a better rear engine mount on the pre-facelift Mk3 ST, if it hasn't been done already.

Just remember being only 21, certain mods on an ST is likely to increase the premium a LOT (or be uninsurable), so check before you do it.

Hi & welcome :cool:

On 06/05/2016 at 4:00 PM, alexp999 said:

Hi and welcome.

If you are in warranty and want a performance upgrade, the MP275 kit is the only warranty friendly upgrade. If out of warranty then it is up to you.

The mountune kit is a lot of money, but you do get the hardware to back up the power increase.

There are too many little things I don't like about the MP275 package , so for me personally, I'm keeping it stock in terms of power, but I have just ordered the mountune exhaust as I want a little bit more of a growl and it's warranty friendly :D

As for other things to do then I'd suggest LED puddle lights and if it was me, I'd get a better rear engine mount on the pre-facelift Mk3 ST, if it hasn't been done already.

Just remember being only 21, certain mods on an ST is likely to increase the premium a LOT (or be uninsurable), so check before you do it.

Thanks for the advice, yeah I'm a little worried about the insurance, although it is pretty cheap as standard, £700~ annual.  The exhaust might be a nice route to go, I do like the sound of a good engine and a growl here and there.  I've been wanting a car with Bluetooth/Aux input to play my music in finally, but I just find myself listening to the engine notes (guess I'm more of a petrol head than I thought xD).  It's got the LED puddle lights, pretty much every gadget on it as it was an ex display car I believe.

As standard the focus puddle lights are icky halogen. I've swapped mine for LEDs.

Hello and Welcome Tom:smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club