Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECU reset

BLUEOVAL09

I fitted an EGR valve bypass to my 2.0 tdci 130 last week, its cured a multitude of sins (black smoke when accellerating being the most notable) and i've also noticed a slight rise in mpg (now getting ave. 45.2 urban, 52.6 on a run with a full car), however, i've been told that it would benefit from having the ECU reset :unsure: ? Apparently this can be done by removing a couple of fuses or disconnecting the battery for 15 mins then driving round for a bit (didn't say how long for or how far) to let the ECU "relearn", sounds too easy to be true and i'm a bit dubious about doing it, just wondering if anyone else has done similar and if so how they got on? any thoughts would be much appreciated, cheers

if you were suffering black smoke check the intercooler pipe from the bottom of the egr for any splits. the egr will be ok blanked off as long as your car is not a euro 4 engine. if it is the mif light will come on after around 100 miles.

if you were suffering black smoke check the intercooler pipe from the bottom of the egr for any splits. the egr will be ok blanked off as long as your car is not a euro 4 engine. if it is the mif light will come on after around 100 miles.

I'd already replaced the intercooler pipe for a silicone one as i'd heard the OE ones were prone to splitting around the jubilee clips. I think mine must be a late euro 3 lump as i've done about 650 miles since fitting the valve replacement (went for the proper kit instead of bodging the job and regretting it later!) and its not displaying any fault codes, might just put it on a code reader to be sure though, cheers for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club