Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Help please!!!

Preecematt

Hi all,

tried changing the pads & discs on my mk3 focus today.  Done it all textbook the only problem is the sliders will not 'lock' to what they were when I took them off.  I've taken them apart again used the different pads but I can not for the life of me figure out what is wrong.  The caliper isn't even sitting right, pads are like for like.  I'm stumped & at the verge of setting the car on fire lol

Edited by alexp999
More descriptive title

Pics might help?  Cant really visualise whats wrong atm.

Light stopped play and to be honest I didn't think to take pictures.  The 2 nuts/sliders that hold the caliper in won't go back in all the way, they stay level with the plastic cap & go extremely tight & you can still take the caliper off

Its always a good idea to do one side at a time so that you have a reference point if stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

Its always a good idea to do one side at a time so that you have a reference point if stuck.

I've done that as I've only got one axle stand.  I'm totally baffled.  The pads fit perfect, the piston has been wound as far back as it will go

The clue must be that the caliper isn't sitting straight and the caliper bolt holes aren't lining up with the caliper carrier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, williamweb said:

The clue must be that the caliper isn't sitting straight and the caliper bolt holes aren't lining up with the caliper carrier.

+1

It's not sitting right but why not?  That's what I don't understand

Are the springs on the pads where they should be?What I do is use a wooden mallet to knock the caliper down in position if tight.

Don't worry about it,get some sleep and take a look tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, williamweb said:

Don't worry about it,get some sleep and take a look tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes lol.

Turned out it was just me being thick lol.  Went back to it this morning & it was fine.  Must of just been tired or something as I sat & actually looked at it & the sliders couldn't physically go any further in.  Thanks for the advice though

In an ideal world the caliper should be torqued.Glad you worked it out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club