Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2.5 Handbrake grip/ handle worn

bezzawezza

Hi all, the rubber grip of the handbrake lever on my Focus MK2.5 has started to wear and peel from use. What's the easiest/best/cheapest way to rectify this or stop it from getting worse? I can't see how it would even come off in honesty.

2 hours ago, bezzawezza said:

Hi all, the rubber grip of the handbrake lever on my Focus MK2.5 has started to wear and peel from use. What's the easiest/best/cheapest way to rectify this or stop it from getting worse? I can't see how it would even come off in honesty.

the only way i could get mine of is to sit in the back with a lenght of wood put it on the back of the handle and give it a tap with a hammer and its of.

i put the chrome type one on mine.the only trouble is its now loose .

There are small lugs inside the grip that latch into cut-outs on the lever itself.

Ford sell the chrome grip and the instructions with it recommend cutting the old one off with a stanley knife then knocking the new one on with a hammer and block of wood against the button end.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Thanks guys, that's helpful. I was more concerned with whether it was fixable which it sounds like it is. It's not too bad at the moment so I'll probably wait until it gets worse and give Ford a call, if I ask nicely maybe they'll fit it for me too.

I don't suppose you have any idea what they charge for the grip do you?