Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK6

Alan1991

Hi i will be getting a Ford Fiesta MK6 next year to replace my Rover 25. Is there any common problems yous guys have experienced with Fiestas and also what should i look out for when looking at them.

The plan is to get a Fiesta in the summer, prices have already falling down alot so they are affordable but im thinking if i hold off till summer ill get a better car and newer car for the money.

Also it would be a prefacelift model i would buy, does anyone know if the Headlights and rear lights from a MK6 facelift will fit it. ?

Thanks Guys

Hi i will be getting a Ford Fiesta MK6 next year to replace my Rover 25. Is there any common problems yous guys have experienced with Fiestas and also what should i look out for when looking at them.

The plan is to get a Fiesta in the summer, prices have already falling down alot so they are affordable but im thinking if i hold off till summer ill get a better car and newer car for the money.

Also it would be a prefacelift model i would buy, does anyone know if the Headlights and rear lights from a MK6 facelift will fit it. ?

Thanks Guys

Welcome to the forums.

I currently have the facelift model and the only problems i have had so far are:

A crunching reverse gear - very common problem so make sure to test this on a test drive, i would recommend putting it into reverse before, during and after the test drive, this problem was resolved on mine with a replacement clutch (free of charge)

A common annoyance between friends also is the rear drivers side seatbelt rattling away as to which i and others have yet to find a solution to.

Apart from these two problems i have found the fiesta to be a great little car, very reliable and very good on petrol (1.25 style).

As for fitting facelift lights to pre facelift, the front lights are a simple straight swap, however the rear require some changes as are slightly different.

Hope this helps you in you're decision, why is it you are deciding pre facelift to facelift?

Welcome to the forums.

I currently have the facelift model and the only problems i have had so far are:

A crunching reverse gear - very common problem so make sure to test this on a test drive, i would recommend putting it into reverse before, during and after the test drive, this problem was resolved on mine with a replacement clutch (free of charge)

A common annoyance between friends also is the rear drivers side seatbelt rattling away as to which i and others have yet to find a solution to.

Apart from these two problems i have found the fiesta to be a great little car, very reliable and very good on petrol (1.25 style).

As for fitting facelift lights to pre facelift, the front lights are a simple straight swap, however the rear require some changes as are slightly different.

Hope this helps you in you're decision, why is it you are deciding pre facelift to facelift?

Thanks very much for the reply. The reason for going for a prefacelift model is i am currently a student and cannot afford the facelift model. I am not getting the car until next summer, so maybe if im lucky i might be able to get a facelift model within my budget. The only decision i have made about the car is it must be a 1.4 or a 1.4 TDCI.

If you look at the small trim bits immediatly behind the rear seat one on either side of the car you should find they both have a small slot cut in them,and the "tang" of the seatbelt fits exactly into them thats how i fixed mine works a treat. (although mines a 5 door not sure if they are in the 3 door.............should be).

Thanks Guys

hello and welcome to the club

Be aware that some owners have experienced the front suspension springs breaking through fatigue not a common fault but has been known to happen.

If you look at the small trim bits immediatly behind the rear seat one on either side of the car you should find they both have a small slot cut in them,and the "tang" of the seatbelt fits exactly into them thats how i fixed mine works a treat. (although mines a 5 door not sure if they are in the 3 door.............should be).

Thanks for this, i see these slots and will give it a go :D

• 1 year later...

Hi There

Im currently debating whether to fit the facelift headlights to an 04 plate pre facelift fiesta model, is this a simple task?

cheers

Be aware that some owners have experienced the front suspension springs breaking through fatigue not a common fault but has been known to happen.

I can relate to the spring thing ! Both my front springs went within 9-10 months of each other on a 55 plate zetec s. My garage blamed the extreme cold. One went at the end of last Winter and the other at the beginning of this one. Was a pain but luckily both happened almost at my house and first thing in the morning so I didn't get stuck in the middle of nowhere. Still had to get the car uplifted both times tho as it couldn't be driven. My reverse gear was just fine but my Mum's 55 plate crunched badly. I did have the noisy rattly seatbelt thing going on tho. Still loved my car :)

the spedos sometimes will work fine and then all of a sudden eitheir stick at a sertain speed or go to zero and then come back on later on. and on the five door version inbetween the front and back doors is a plastic cover. they seem to come loose and need glueing back. easy job. other than that craking car i had a 52plate 1.25

I can relate to the spring thing ! Both my front springs went within 9-10 months of each other on a 55 plate zetec s. My garage blamed the extreme cold. One went at the end of last Winter and the other at the beginning of this one. Was a pain but luckily both happened almost at my house and first thing in the morning so I didn't get stuck in the middle of nowhere. Still had to get the car uplifted both times tho as it couldn't be driven. My reverse gear was just fine but my Mum's 55 plate crunched badly. I did have the noisy rattly seatbelt thing going on tho. Still loved my car :)

springs can go at anytime on any car - maybe the cold didn't help though

Its also advisable to change any suspension parts in pairs :)

my mate has had his mk6 for a few years now, no problems at all as far as im aware.

springs can go at anytime on any car - maybe the cold didn't help though

Its also advisable to change any suspension parts in pairs :)

my mate has had his mk6 for a few years now, no problems at all as far as im aware.

The cold certainly didn't help me !! Standing up to my knees in snow waiting for the truck to come and pick up my car. Brrrrrrr.

When the first spring went I asked them to check the other one and if needed just replace, but they said it was fine. Ach, I was only a couple of hours late for work the first time and the 2nd I called a colleague who came round for me as I got the car back into my driveway this time !!!!

• 5 years later...

I have a 1.2 petrol mk6 and currently experiencing an overheating issue. The coolant tank cap is hissing when it gets hot and some steam is escaping. I've ordered a new tank cap but could there be another problem? Apart from that great little car 

• 3 years later...

Anyone had any issues with the driveshafts? Funny noise coming from mine atm when I hit a bump. Any help would be appreciated.

14 hours ago, Josh895 said:

Anyone had any issues with the driveshafts? Funny noise coming from mine atm when I hit a bump. Any help would be appreciated.

I hear a squeaking noise from mine. I think it might be the cv joints

• 3 months later...

I know this may be a old thread and i apologise in advance , my fiesta 2004 1.4 , steering doesnt feel safe when i give car acceleration it sways to the left and right like the steering had got a mind of its own .. wishbones and front bushes rack everything seems fine any ideas

Hi I am looking for a Ford Fiesta MK6 in Glasgow not to modified for about £1,500 any idea where I can pick a good one up from

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2009 at 3:49 AM, Air Hostess said:

Well that can be said with ANY problem 😞 no two car's are the same 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

My Mk6 zetec s has failed its MoT because the central brake pipe rear is excessively worn, if anyone could let me know where to find the part, it would be much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I bought a facelift Fiesta mk6 several months ago as my first car. The boot can only be opened by using the key - the fob and the button on the dash don’t unlatch the boot. I think the receiver in the boot doesn’t work. Any ideas how to fix this?

does it make any sound? click?  are you aware you have to press the fob button twice in quick succession

16 hours ago, fiesta festa said:

I bought a facelift Fiesta mk6 several months ago as my first car. The boot can only be opened by using the key - the fob and the button on the dash don’t unlatch the boot. I think the receiver in the boot doesn’t work. Any ideas how to fix this?

Might be the boot solenoid on its way out. I had the same problem and changing that fixed it 👍

• 1 month later...

does any one know what aftermarket cone filter would fit a mk6 zetec 2006 1.25L ?

I don't know the answer to your question but save your money, it will make absolutely no difference to your cars performance.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, I currently own a 2008 fiesta with the 1.25 petrol engine. It’s developed a major coolant leak from the underside of the car but the engine is remaining cool and drives with no problem so the coolant must be going to the engine. Any ideas on  what the cause could be. This is my first car and I’m a complete novice to car maintenance. I’d appreciate any assistance. Thanks 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club