Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind deflector noise

sonic113

Something that has been bugging me for a long time is at high speeds 50 to 70 mph i get a wind noise on my two front doors as if the windows are down a little. Passengers have ask is the windows closed too many times now so i think ots time to investigate this lol!

Does anyone else who has teamheker deflector get this? I thnk i have them installed correctly , i hope so they have been like this for the past 3 years lol! Just 2 little clips that pop up inside the window runner one end hits against the plastic deflector and the other against the window rubber.

I have tried adding a strip of that draught proofing stuff to the edge if the deflector in driveres door to try it out and see if it helps so i will know more by tomorrow.

I don't know about you, but I didn't use the metal clips. Go buy some "No More Nails" on a roll, it's red and thick. Stick that along the front and back edge and put it back in, and then lose your window for 48hours. I've had my deflectors on for 6 months on front and back and still no wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left the clips out when I fitted the Heko's to my Mk 2.5 when I had it. Still had the increased wind noise but I got used to it.

they all do it if you drive in the rain watch how the rain comes off the deflector as you drive the wind catches the edge forcing the water up and away from the window as a result the wind will whistle against it the focus is poor for wind noise anyway so it doesn't matter if it has them or not

On 08/05/2016 at 7:16 PM, sean.kerwin said:

I don't know about you, but I didn't use the metal clips. Go buy some "No More Nails" on a roll, it's red and thick. Stick that along the front and back edge and put it back in, and then lose your window for 48hours. I've had my deflectors on for 6 months on front and back and still no wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean

have you got any pictures of them installed?

was wondering that when the  "NO MORE NAILS" hardens and you ever break a deflector or need to take one out would that stuff not wreck the rubber around the window seal or even crack through time with the heat and vibration of the car moving ect?

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club