Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford number 3 - 2014 Fiesta Ecorattle 125ps

GingerFlame

Hopefully a 2010+ A5 2.0TDI :)

Second update of the day! 

Just fitted one of the powerfold mirrors as an idiot learner driver through it'd be fun to fly through a silly gap. Meaning it's either i go head on with a learner or swerve left. 

Hence cracked the mirror. Knocked the casing off which I didn't realise till I got to my destination (luckily it was on the floor waiting for me with only a few light marks) 

After seeing people with issues when routing the cables, I used a shoelace tied at both ends and removed the old mirror. Then tied the new wiring on and pulled it through. Simple! 

Just need to fit the other side and get them activated. Haven't bought a switch yet as they're the same cost as both mirrors!  They'll still fold when locking without though 

@iantt any idea what the module in the photos controls? 

IMAG1218.jpg

IMAG1219.jpg

IMAG1220.jpg

IMAG1221.jpg

IMAG1222.jpg

What's the purpose? Controls windows etc etc? 

Windows, door locks, mirrors, indicators in mirrors, puddle lamps etc

• Like 1

So. car went back to AET today. Arrived at 2:30pm 

Car went on the dyno at 5:20pm 

the running issues seem to have disappeared and the car is making better power. now equivalent to revo stage 1 but AET stage 2 

Will post the dyno results and video later on! :)

https://goo.gl/photos/Q6oZCit2ALRBLU7J7

https://goo.gl/photos/Ya9H3V8qVhMqxEAQ9

https://goo.gl/photos/2YYWBRxttFtwf6qm9

I finished fitting my powerfold mirrors today and i enabled them myself using Forscan and a modified ELM327 adapter! 

Extremely simple, easy yet effective mod! Looks brilliant Anyone looking to know how just ask and I'll write a guide. Can't be bothered with a guide if nobody will read it that's all :p

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

I finished fitting my powerfold mirrors today and i enabled them myself using Forscan and a modified ELM327 adapter! 

Hi mate, can you please explain what's needed for the "modified" ELM327 adaptor?  I've read that on some Forscan forums but didn't quite understand. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Hi mate, can you please explain what's needed for the "modified" ELM327 adaptor?  I've read that on some Forscan forums but didn't quite understand. Thanks. 

You can either make your own if you're good with electronics, or purchase one from herehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181457166623

You'll then need a laptop, and the LATEST VERSION of forscan. NOT the version that you're linked to with the included disc, in fact, bin the disc as its not needed. 

Once you get that far, I've a screenshot of instructions I'll have to dig out. 

If you're going to go ahead, then at the same time as ordering the adapter you need to sign up for the forscan forum. This will be necessary as they need to approve your account which can take a few days and the adapter I linked comes within 48hours. 

Once they approve your account. You'll need to generate a Trial License using the link on their forum. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

You can either make your own if you're good with electronics, or purchase one from herehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181457166623

Thanks mate - your detailed explanation much appreciated.  

I've already got powerfold mirrors but I'm thinking there's a few other mods I might be able to do, including simply changing my recorded tyre size so my speedo is accurate. 

• Like 1

You can change the tyre info using forscan using the above steps :) 

• Like 1

so, yet another update regarding the mapping. 

The car is going revo stage 2. I can't say anything else for now but all will he revealed. Expect a detailed review for AET voodoo stage 1&2, and revo stage2 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't hold out for a review... Cars dead. Looking like a burnt out exhaust valve or faulty injector 

Not happy. Funny that it happened a few days after going stage 2. So somebody clearly hasn't done the R&D/testing 

I wasn't driving hard, just trotting along on cruise control, went to pull up a hill qnd it struggled.. And kept struggling 

Oh, and I also destroyed the factory recirc valve. Probably going back to standard for a warranty claim then getting rid as a standard car :( 

20 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

Don't hold out for a review... Cars dead. Looking like a burnt out exhaust valve or faulty injector 

Not happy. Funny that it happened a few days after going stage 2. So somebody clearly hasn't done the R&D/testing 

I wasn't driving hard, just trotting along on cruise control, went to pull up a hill qnd it struggled.. And kept struggling 

Oh, and I also destroyed the factory recirc valve. Probably going back to standard for a warranty claim then getting rid as a standard car :( 

The joys of pushing a car beyond its recommended limits 

2 minutes ago, 666Damian666 said:

The joys of pushing a car beyond its recommended limits 

The engines are happy at over 200bhp. More than happy at 170. It was simply a rushed, untested map which im fuming about. Turns out AeT hadn't even launched the map officially either when they fitted it to my car 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

The engines are happy at over 200bhp. More than happy at 170. It was simply a rushed, untested map which im fuming about. Turns out AeT hadn't even launched the map officially either when they fitted it to my car 

In that case I'd expect them to pay for all the repairs 

• Like 3

So do I if Ford won't do it under warranty. Spoke to a few friends at local dealers and they said remove everything except exhaust and take it in. Will give it a shot 

having a compression test this afternoon 

9 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Terrible news mate. Hope you are able to get it repaired by AET or Ford. 

Car has 70psi in C1

130PSI in other two

EGTS are 600*c on idle.. theyve ran it far too lean, Im fuming

Cars dead. Moved it earlier to strip it to standard and it started to run really really bad. 

So whilst removing my intercooler hoses.. I found them FULL of oil. The intercooler itself was full too 

Checked the dipstick.. Read All the way up to the top! 

So the oil is now full of petrol. Good signs eh. 

So I was towed from where the car was to outside ford. I've now left it parked next to the forecourt with the tow eye attached to advertise reliability and build quality :) 

Just need to push It into the car park tomorrow and put the do not was signs in ready for monday! 

Fingers crossed for a warranty repair eh :(

On 2/4/2017 at 10:45 PM, GingerFlame said:

Cars dead. Moved it earlier to strip it to standard and it started to run really really bad. 

So whilst removing my intercooler hoses.. I found them FULL of oil. The intercooler itself was full too 

Checked the dipstick.. Read All the way up to the top! 

So the oil is now full of petrol. Good signs eh. 

So I was towed from where the car was to outside ford. I've now left it parked next to the forecourt with the tow eye attached to advertise reliability and build quality :) 

Just need to push It into the car park tomorrow and put the do not was signs in ready for monday! 

Fingers crossed for a warranty repair eh :(

That sucks to hear mate, If it was an 'experimental' map they should of told you at least before applying it.

Hopefully Ford will sort it out but anyone that's on here won't be going there for a remap.

In future, try to stick to maps that you know for sure have been tried and tested, but they may of told you that at the time.

• Like 1

Yeah theyre claiming its been installed on over 60 cars... hmm

Ford have refused the warranty claim, surprise surprise, The dealership were really nice about it really, gave me suggestions as to what could have caused it etc. Said my guess of an exhuast valve being the initial problem seemed pretty probable too :D

They did test drive it and said it pulled like hell at high revs, smashes the mountune feel even in this condition haha

So. New engine.. and settle the finance asap and get the A5 bought.. 

or, St conversion and blow stupid, 

or.. well.. no, just the above too options really 

Going to strip the engine and investigate anyway. Just a shame it had to end like this.. 

Parts are now for sale too! 

Induction kit has gone! 

Have exhaust 

brakes 

stock rear lights 

intercooler 

Turbosmart BOV 

you going to fit the new engine yourself? its not to bad to remove and refit.

and good luck stripping the engine down.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iantt said:

you going to fit the new engine yourself? its not to bad to remove and refit.

and good luck stripping the engine down.

Yeah doing it myself 

Ian youll notice i said nothing about reassembling it :p hahaha

I take it the timing setup on the ecoboost is a pain in the backside? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club