Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stiff steering 08 fiesta

frund

hello, My trusty goes so well 08 old shape fiesta 1.6 tdci (knocks spots off wifes 1.5 tdci 64)  has a steering issue. The steering seems to have got stiffer. The tyre pressures are fine and almost full of steering fluid. Has anyone come across this before is there a common cause. 54k on clock.

• 1 month later...

I have a 58 plate Fiesta Diesel and my car started making a noise which I thought was on the Near Side . After investigation I found it to be the top knuckle joint and bearings of the Steering column. 

If you google the Steering column fault it can be resolved by putting the wheels straight , Locking the Steering then undoing the bottom bolt and the top Star/ torch bolt . 

The grease in the top Steering Column bearings of this 2008+ Mk7 model Fiesta seem to dry up due to the heat from the Steering motor situated just under the steering wheel . 

Best thing is to get some high heat grease to put into the Steering bearings ( White High Heat spray can be used for a short term fix ) and work them in by turning the ignition on and moving the powered steering from side to side a few times whilst squirting.  This may need repeating on a regular basis. 

This worked for me !

I give this info in good faith and hold no responsibility for any attempt to self repair your vehicles steering . 

1 hour ago, DAIMAXBOYCE said:

I have a 58 plate Fiesta Diesel and my car started making a noise which I thought was on the Near Side . After investigation I found it to be the top knuckle joint and bearings of the Steering column. 

If you google the Steering column fault it can be resolved by putting the wheels straight , Locking the Steering then undoing the bottom bolt and the top Star/ torch bolt . 

The grease in the top Steering Column bearings of this 2008+ Mk7 model Fiesta seem to dry up due to the heat from the Steering motor situated just under the steering wheel . 

Best thing is to get some high heat grease to put into the Steering bearings ( White High Heat spray can be used for a short term fix ) and work them in by turning the ignition on and moving the powered steering from side to side a few times whilst squirting.  This may need repeating on a regular basis. 

This worked for me !

I give this info in good faith and hold no responsibility for any attempt to self repair your vehicles steering . 

Photo attached of top Steering Column knuckle joint and Torques bolt . 

image.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club